Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF Webinar "When does selective hunting lead to evolutionary change and what (if a"

Re: BCWF Webinar "When does selective hunting lead to evolutionary change and what (i

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    See...caught you red-handed stirring the pot!

Anyway, register for the webinar and ask the guy some tough questions. Nobody will get hurt.
    Robbie, you might call it stirring the pot….others might look at it as pouring water down the hole and watching the rats pop up.
    Been registered for a while….wouldn’t want to miss it.

Re: BCWF Webinar "When does selective hunting lead to evolutionary change and what (i

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Who's idea was it to give Biachet a platform and megaphone at the BCWF?
    A lot of chirping but no answer.

This is a simple question that does not need more than a couple of words to answer.
    And it is damn important.
    Rob, your work around "answer" reminds me of the Federal question period.

Thanks for that link. Reading it now. There's some good math based info there (one big ram sired 1/3 of lambs one year, and another sired 1/4 of all lambs over 6 years) but a notable absence of math based info right after "Some rams get big by 4 and if they get taken out of the population..." which begs the question: in a long term study of a population did you record which rams got big young and how many got killed young?

Maybe that's in the paper later, but (especially in this day and age) what *isn't* reported is often a very important data point.

I say that to show you that I'm looking into this, but I think it would be cool if others who don't like Festa-Bianchet's science prepared some good questions for him. Tough questions can be very enlightening, especially if asked the right way.

The point in providing this link lay with the comment I included.
    Bianchet was full out stating that his proposal for reduced hunting in Alberta would solve his "scientifically proven" problem,
    all the while claiming that his solution for Alberta was actually a "scientifically proven" problem in B.C and thus proposed even further hunting restrictions.

There is no need to open the door to a con artist.
    It is much better to keep them out.

But now that someone has let him in, you have to deal with getting him out.
    Thus you are now asking for people to step up, use their time and resources to help.
    A much harder task than just not letting the con in.

Again, who invited BIanchet to speak?
    Please don't waste more time explaining why, I didn't ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    A lot of chirping but no answer.

This is a simple question that does not need more than a couple of words to answer.
    And it is damn important.
    Rob, your work around "answer" reminds me of the Federal question period.

The point in providing this link lay with the comment I included.
    Bianchet was full out stating that his proposal for reduced hunting in Alberta would solve his "scientifically proven" problem,
    all the while claiming that his solution for Alberta was actually a "scientifically proven" problem in B.C and thus proposed even further hunting restrictions.

There is no need to open the door to a con artist.
    It is much better to keep them out.

But now that someone has let him in, you have to deal with getting him out.
    Thus you are now asking for people to step up, use their time and resources to help.
    A much harder task than just not letting the con in.

Again, who invited BIanchet to speak?
    Please don't waste more time explaining why, I didn't ask why.
    OK, let me re-phrase. I don't know who picked him because I don't think it's one individual who picks these speakers. There are multiple people involved in putting the webinar series together and there has been turnover among that team. Question back at you, since I'm detecting an implication: are you saying that picking Festa-Bianchet to speak means that there is some single individual or group of individuals at BCWF who are fans of compassionate conservation?

Does that also go for Wild Sheep Foundation? They let him speak as well.

I'm still reading the paper. If that paper states that "full out stating that his proposal for reduced hunting in Alberta would solve his "scientifically proven" problem,
    all the while claiming that his solution for Alberta was actually a "scientifically proven" problem in B.C and thus proposed even further hunting restrictions" I'll look for it. I might need your help on it because I'm not 100% clear what you're saying aside from the part where you think he's sucking and blowing at the same time.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Robbie, you might call it stirring the pot….others might look at it as pouring water down the hole and watching the rats pop up.
    Been registered for a while….wouldn’t want to miss it.

You are stirring the pot, which is both fine and fun and something we've both been charged and convicted of many times. No big deal. It is usually pretty fun when you do it.

If you're pouring water down a hole and you do, indeed, get rats to pop out, that's a good thing, right? Make sure you identify who they are and remember: without pics it didn't happen.
    Rob Chipman

You are stirring the pot, which is both fine and fun and something we've both been charged and convicted of many times. No big deal. It is usually pretty fun when you do it.

If you're pouring water down a hole and you do, indeed, get rats to pop out, that's a good thing, right? Make sure you identify who they are and remember: without pics it didn't happen.
    Robbie, I’m fully aware how that game plays…..and you’re right, without pics it didn’t happen.
    Stay dry and watch out for cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Stay dry and watch out for cameras.

See, I told you it's usually pretty fun when you do it!
    Rob Chipman

And btw - clean out your inbox! I want to yank your chain directly!
    Rob Chipman

And btw - clean out your inbox! I want to yank your chain directly!
    You know my phone #

Bearvalley, as I have stated before, it is crystal clear you hate the fed and especially Jesse Zeeman.
    We get it.

The examples are endless of you hijacking threads with the apparent objective to bash and attack those within the hunting community that you perceive as a threat or in any way challenge your business model. Fair enough.

You are obsessed with bashing the Fed every chance you get. Got it.
    Loud and clear.

This is a community bound together over our passion of hunting BC.
    This is not a platform to endlessly bash those that are trying to make a difference in fish and wildlife as you perceive them as a threat ( in my opinion ) to your business model.

Bashing resident hunters and organizations will get you no where other than drive that wedge deeper.

Sad man

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Bearvalley, as I have stated before, it is crystal clear you hate the fed and especially Jesse Zeeman.
    We get it.

The examples are endless of you hijacking threads with the apparent objective to bash and attack those within the hunting community that you perceive as a threat or in any way challenge your business model. Fair enough.

You are obsessed with bashing the Fed every chance you get. Got it.
    Loud and clear.

This is a community bound together over our passion of hunting BC.
    This is not a platform to endlessly bash those that are trying to make a difference in fish and wildlife as you perceive them as a threat ( in my opinion ) to your business model.

Bashing resident hunters and organizations will get you no where other than drive that wedge deeper.

Sad man
    Well said, still has his gonch, or is it panties in a knot from 2014 and the allocation fiasco. Some boys never grow up.

Some look for the greater good, some never will and remain self centered.

Sad.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA