Hey everyone,

My dad is getting older and has started to have some health issues but he wants to go for an alpine mule deer hunt with me before it’s too much for him. I’ll get out during summer to scout but I’m in a bit over my head trying to figure everything out. I’ve done a ton of research on hunting higher up but at the end of the day I’ve only ever hunted and hiked through cut blocks lower down. My dad is still able bodied and can hike but he’d definitely need to be able to come back to a base camp at the end of the day to relax. I’m not looking for any honey holes - just for some suggestions of areas where we could drive in and hike 1 or 2 hours to hunt then hike back down to the trucks/campers at the end of the day. I’m sure this isn’t “true” alpine hunting but I’m just trying to make some memories with my dad without pushing him too far. I’ve found some mountain ranges in the Adam’s/Shuswap area but again - I’m completely new to this and I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions on where to look? PM’s are welcome.

Thank you