Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

How was your year?

I was just reflecting on the past year and counting up the days I’ve spent in the field and I thought I’d share a few pics. So first multi day trip I remember was late spring for a 3 or 4 day trip into a backcountry lake for some pike fishing with my two boys 6 and 12. Second trip was late august for a 6 day sheep scout/hiking trip with my oldest and a friend of mine with his 2 kids. A week later I chased sheep around for another 9 days. Then we went looking for moose for 6 days with a few friends and a pile of our kids. Then a 3 day trip looking for a late season moose in November.

Those are the multi day trips not including day trips here and there so it was another good year.

I’ll post some of my favourite pics as the night goes by and maybe a few more tomorrow
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: How was your year?

It was a bustercluck!!

Well I went out bear hunting a few times didn't see any bears. Then did some boating this year.
    For the fall season went mule deer hunting for a few days. Then tried for some region 2 blacktail deer hunting saw some fresh tracks that's about it.
    Did some coho fishing so have some coho in the freezer was hoping for a deer but hey maybe next year.
    I would say even though I didn't get a deer this year I had a really good year.
    I got to get out in the fresh air and have some great memories that is what I care about and getting a animal is just a bonus.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

I forgot about this trip so add a few more days to the tally. Lol

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

My best year ever. Trout like crazy (limits), grouse like crazy (with another new bird dog), limits on ducks, and my first blacktail buck. I’m hoping .22 is a way better year!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Speaking about hunting only, it was a better than average year for me. Didn’t get out for spring bear, but did a local 3 day trip, two 5-6 day trips with a buddy to region 4, and a 6 day local moose hunt with my brother. Only bagged a whitetail doe, but had some awesome experiences including a really close chance on a good mulie buck.

Overall though, I’m happy to see this year come to a close. My dad passing early in the year, my wife losing her job, fires… …yeah, it’s been a shitty year. Cautiously hoping ‘22 will be better.
    Pretend hunter.

My year was pretty great, right up until November 15th, then it really started sucking hard and fast, and not in the good way.

Not too tasteful but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Overall though, I’m happy to see this year come to a close. My dad passing early in the year, my wife losing her job, fires… …yeah, it’s been a shitty year. Cautiously hoping ‘22 will be better.
    Sorry to hear that. My stepdad, who was my outdoors mentor died in March of ‘21, and my dad died one day later. They both survived marriage to my mother, but 2021 got them both...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.