Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking about a move to Quesnel.....Thoughts?

Re: Thinking about a move to Quesnel.....Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Murder View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. I've officially applied for my transfer at work and getting the house ready to sell. Mortgage free in moose and big deer country sounds pretty sweet in my 40s

Piper Super Cub with STOL next!
    Got kids??
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

I Moved from Maple Ridge to Prince George last June , should of done it 10 Years ago , PG is a great place

Lived in Quesnel as a teenager and my folks still live there. Honestly, if I could convince my family I would consider moving back now. Quesnel has improved alot over the years with the city investing in downtown improvements, growth of small local independent businesses, etc, however a few things to keep in mind.
    1) There is alot of petty crime fueled by drugs. Never leave valuables around unsecured. West Quesnel is the worst for this, but it happens all over.
    2) Someone mentioned already, but be aware of slumps/slippage zones when looking at real estate. Lots of areas of geotechnical instability around in and around the river valleys.
    3) Air quality - the pulp mills and deep valleys can cause air quality issues during certain weather events. Properties located on the higher ground above the river valleys often get it the worst.

Lots of cool area to explore in all seasons. The local ski hill (Troll Resort) is top notch and has a really cool vibe and great terrain. Decent hunting and fishing in any direction from town.

Quote Originally Posted by Murder View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. I've officially applied for my transfer at work and getting the house ready to sell. Mortgage free in moose and big deer country sounds pretty sweet in my 40s

Piper Super Cub with STOL next!
    Lucky you.
    We almost moved there to Kersley back in the 90's, but bailed at the last minute. Good people and great hunting.