Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Big THANK YOU HBC thread - hunting pic heavy

Re: A Big THANK YOU HBC thread - hunting pic heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Met a couple great guys from HBC. Rob (Buckhunter7 took me on my first duck hunts and got me hooked. He was with me when I got my bear, my biggest BT and my only mulie. He has helped me a ton and I couldn't be more grateful for his help and guidance. The first guy I met off HBC Dylan actually took me on my first ever hunts chasing elk. We came so close on the first 10mins of my first hunt at closing the deal on a 6pt bull but it just never happened. We have been out again since then but more importantly built a great friendship. Srupp's knowledge on moose helped my group get a 57" bull moose on our LEH hunt last year. The older threads on this site provide so much insight and I am grateful for the few that have been willing to take me out and provide some guidance to a new hunter.
    That's awesome Bubba congrats on your success so far, you and your new hunting buddies have done well.
    For anyone who hasn't seen, here's the link to Bubba's big moose and a couple other critters.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...020-Moose-Hunt
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...Hunting-Season

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry14 View Post
    That's awesome Bubba congrats on your success so far, you and your new hunting buddies have done well.
    For anyone who hasn't seen, here's the link to Bubba's big moose and a couple other critters.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...020-Moose-Hunt
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...Hunting-Season
    Looks like you got this hunting thing dialed in dude! That griz you got is a beauty! Bet that is a nice rug, if that’s what you did with its hide.

Hunting mentorship is so important to hunting and I would not have been nearly as successful as I’ve been if it wasn’t for my few buddies.

great thread. It’s great to reflect on the positives of HBC

I think I joined this site back in 2013 to get some info on that bridge across the McGregor river into 7-18 and then took a break from it for a few years mostly because I was far too busy to be posting on forums back then, but things have changed like having a cell phone and service where I live. Lol.

Here’s the moose….first pic I found on my imgur…so you get the wife too
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    Looks like you got this hunting thing dialed in dude! That griz you got is a beauty! Bet that is a nice rug, if that’s what you did with its hide.

Hunting mentorship is so important to hunting and I would not have been nearly as successful as I’ve been if it wasn’t for my few buddies.

great thread. It’s great to reflect on the positives of HBC
    Well usually, whenever I get to thinking that I've got it all dialed, the mountains show me different everyone has their turn in the barrel, sometimes you can do all the right things for 10 days straight and the mountains just don't wanna give anything to ya, meanwhile the next valley over there's a kid shooting a big bull in his underwear from the tent! And the next 10 days might be the other way around.
    That grizzly wasn't my personal bear actually, that was my first year trailing a guide around learning to run spring bear hunts, so I actually have no idea what the client did with it. Will never forget the memories of the hunt though. Tried with the bow for maybe 8 days before breaking it and then killed with a rifle on day 9 or 10. Lots of fun.

Totally agree. Mentorship is the most important aspect to keeping this tradition afloat. Hats off to all the folks out there helping the newbies and kids out. Hunters are a dying breed without good mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I think I joined this site back in 2013 to get some info on that bridge across the McGregor river into 7-18 and then took a break from it for a few years mostly because I was far too busy to be posting on forums back then, but things have changed like having a cell phone and service where I live. Lol.

Here’s the moose….first pic I found on my imgur…so you get the wife too
    Right on Buster thats a great bull! Obviously you found some good access!
    I remember reading everything I could find about that unit with the idea of trying to pull a goat or grizzly tag in there too. Never ended up going for it though.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

wow that a dandy bunch of animals, thanks for sharing Tim

Just curious is that Ram from BC ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I remember reading everything I could find about that unit with the idea of trying to pull a goat or grizzly tag in there too. Never ended up going for it though.
    I think you have to go quite a ways back in there to get at the goats. There was an old outfitter camp behind a good washout in 2013 and the guy guiding was older than the hills. I went back to the same area in 2018ish and ran into another guy guiding goat back there. After a chat it sounded like the old guy retired and the guy I was talking to was doing some of his guiding but the camp was abandoned. He was using the camp to stash a bit of gas and food, but nobody was staying in it. As I remember the camp was made up of a bunch of really old miniature travel trailers and one or two main buildings.

I really liked hunting back in there, because there wasn’t any logging or industry. The animals weren’t really used to seeing people very often. Completely different than most places you go, but last time I was there it sounded like the logging company there was replacing that bridge and going in there after some timber.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

And yeah, lots of grizz in there. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    wow that a dandy bunch of animals, thanks for sharing Tim

Just curious is that Ram from BC ?
    Yup it sure is. I will leave the background un-blurred for the NWT rams

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I think you have to go quite a ways back in there to get at the goats. There was an old outfitter camp behind a good washout in 2013 and the guy guiding was older than the hills. I went back to the same area in 2018ish and ran into another guy guiding goat back there. After a chat it sounded like the old guy retired and the guy I was talking to was doing some of his guiding but the camp was abandoned. He was using the camp to stash a bit of gas and food, but nobody was staying in it. As I remember the camp was made up of a bunch of really old miniature travel trailers and one or two main buildings.

I really liked hunting back in there, because there wasn’t any logging or industry. The animals weren’t really used to seeing people very often. Completely different than most places you go, but last time I was there it sounded like the logging company there was replacing that bridge and going in there after some timber.
    That's really cool. Getting harder and harder to find places like that. Would be neat to talk to the old fella and hear about how and what the area used to be.
    I would hate to see what the grizz have done to a mostly abandoned camp after a few years!