Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yup it is thick enough 17" Great day fishing.

Re: Yup it is thick enough 17" Great day fishing.

I got a shack like that last year, kids can homeschool in it while fishing. Now I just need to catch a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Yes I did just that Dennis. But I posted then on two other forums without hosting them on another web site.
    Internet provider says I have almost used up my bandwidth(50gigs). I have to stretch it out till the 12th or it goes back to telus landline speed. Back out fishing today on Nonamous lake.
    This keeps me warm.

Anyone been on the ice at Kentucky-allenyne? Had a look after Christmas but the ice was still a little skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
    Anyone been on the ice at Kentucky-allenyne? Had a look after Christmas but the ice was still a little skinny.
    I know a couple people that have fished the ‘colourful’ lake near those two. Lots of safe ice.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

A buddy and I got out yesterday, I had a handful of bites, lost a nice one when my jig caught on the bottom edge of my ice-hole. Put one little one back, and caught one big enough for the frying pan. All while my buddy caught his limit 12’ away. His most success ever, and my 2nd best. Still trying to figure this thing out. LOL

Was between 12 and 18” of solid hard ice depending on where on the lake we were. Region 8, 1000M elevation.
    Pretend hunter.

I have caught over 80 peamouth chub and squaw fish in the last 2 weeks. The eagles have consumed 13 of them in the last 3 days.
    It is cool watching them protect the fish from ravens and golden eagles.
    That is my TV.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    I have caught over 80 peamouth chub and squaw fish in the last 2 weeks. The eagles have consumed 13 of them in the last 3 days.
    It is cool watching them protect the fish from ravens and golden eagles.
    That is my TV.
    I'm jealous....

So the last 2 days I have been catching a lot of peamouth chub again and the three eagles will now swoop down within 50 feet to pick one up. It is just incredible. I ate 2 more rainbows. Buddy caught a big rainbow and did a quick catch and release right at the hole in all of 3 seconds. It had to be 18" long. It came off the hook, flipped over beside the hole, going headfirst down the hole.
    I now have to get back to fixing things. New transom going in my old StarCraft aluminum boat to hold down the 60hp 4 stroke. Looking forward to summer if I can afford fuel.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"