Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

Re: How was your year?

It was great Canada geese hunting for me this season got 2 triple geese on 6 shots. I think there was only couple trips where we didn't get our limit of ducks. Coho salmon fishing has being awesome same with pink salmons with my son. Winter steelhead season was okay. Haven't deer hunt for over 6 years since I got my last buck. Basically hard to believe but lost interest. Also getting tired of bush wacking and hauling the deer out.....just getting old I guess.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

I never hunted much farther than 120km from home but I did put quite a few days in the bush. I managed to get a good buddy into his first bull moose and also get my nephew into his first bull. A couple wolves for myself as well as a respectable 4x4 Whitetail. I saw lots of game and passed on quite a few Whitetail bucks and a small bull moose in the late season when I had a tag. Three families with full freezers and a bunch of good memories so 2021 was a great year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My stepdad, who was my outdoors mentor died in March of ‘21, and my dad died one day later. They both survived marriage to my mother, but 2021 got them both...
    Sorry to hear that.
    All the best to you for this year.

My Saltwater Fishing went well this year, better than expected and better than most on those days out on the water.
    Elk hunting still has lots of room for improvement, a lot of room, but we missed out on a bull taken the morning we drove in.
    MD hunting was fine, but mad at myself for pulling the pin, but proud of "the hunt/stalk" I put on that morning and getting
    that bugger out in piece on my own even if it took me 14hours to finally hang it on the tree, skinned and cleaned.
    Only real downside is the concern about my main hunting partner starting to become more of a let down and bailing more and
    more, and putting on way too much weight as well.
    Future doesn't look great with my Dad and I think My hunts will be less and less now going forward.
    But, hoping I can substitute that decline with more fishing.
    Probably for the best anyways, as the wildlife declines don't appear to be getting better and proposals only worse.
    Overall, I got to enjoy to time out in the wild, away from the city!
    Always!

My son and I went on a couple of 1 week trips. No luck until the last day of the second trip. The deer and bears were either too fast or a bit small. The last day we took 3 freezer deer and were happy to have them. We ground them up ourselves and we both felt really good about how our season turned out.

Everything else about 2021 was pretty standard, which of course is a good thing.

Looking forward to 2022- accommodation booked for spring bear in May, and the annual deer trip in November.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

It was one of those years. Skipped spring bear as I still have quite a bit of bear meat from the previous year. So we went turkey hunting instead and in trying to get my buddy on his first Tom I passed a couple opportunities and we both came home empty handed. While turkey hunting came across a lot of elk sign. Decided to head to that area for the 10 day bow season for any bull. Unfortunately the weather didn’t really cooperate but great times with good friends…minus the crazy locals we ran into lol. Got out for one day trip in Oct and managed to get my first mulie. Tried to do our annual BT deer hunt but ended up not being able to go which was super disappointing. Then the floods washed away any chance of. Heading WT’s. Managed to get 20 ducks so far though, which has been great. Hoping to still hammer some ducks and geese. Looking forward to the 10 day Brant season in March and still going to chase some cats this winter. Fires, heat waves, floods and C-19 all put a bit of a damper on 2021 so here’s looking forward to 2022!!

Sounds like the coho fishing was good this year. I’d take a 6 pound coho over a 30 pound spring any day.

and a few more pics. I wish there was sound. My little guy jumped in off the dock and didn’t realize how cold it was until he hit the water

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My stepdad, who was my outdoors mentor died in March of ‘21, and my dad died one day later. They both survived marriage to my mother, but 2021 got them both...
    Man, that’s rough. My condolences to you as well. The I think the best we can do is to carry on in the way they taught us, but there sure are tough moments.
    Pretend hunter.

Was a fine 50th season bowhunting as I was got a Nunavut Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou that completed the archery super slam (29 North American big game species with the bow). Was my third hunt for them.

Also arrowed a nice spring black bear. There was quite a bit more hunting too but nothing else arrowed.

The bird dog had a good fall too!