Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

Re: How was your year?

Spent lots of time travelling to cranbrook to see my oldest son who was doing his HD pre app( went to college 1yr early ) Tons of sledding between Jan and march. April-may were spent getting ready for Dirtbiking/camping. June was busy getting ready for my sons high school grad. Night before grad I wiped out on my dirt bike destroying my shoulder, resulting in missing 3 months of work. Turned 40 in late july( drank too much tequila ) September I met 3 amazing fellow hunters/hbc members and helped them try to find their first elk. Late September to late November I got all my fire wood for winter which also resulted in putting a white tail in the freezer. Early december brought tons of snow and early sledding…..which resulted in me being stupid and smashing my leg when my sled landed on it………lol.
    Outside of people reminding me about covid and a few small hiccups…..2021 was a pretty good year.

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Spent lots of time travelling to cranbrook to see my oldest son who was doing his HD pre app( went to college 1yr early ) Tons of sledding between Jan and march. April-may were spent getting ready for Dirtbiking/camping. June was busy getting ready for my sons high school grad. Night before grad I wiped out on my dirt bike destroying my shoulder, resulting in missing 3 months of work. Turned 40 in late july( drank too much tequila ) September I met 3 amazing fellow hunters/hbc members and helped them try to find their first elk. Late September to late November I got all my fire wood for winter which also resulted in putting a white tail in the freezer. Early december brought tons of snow and early sledding…..which resulted in me being stupid and smashing my leg when my sled landed on it………lol.
    Outside of people reminding me about covid and a few small hiccups…..2021 was a pretty good year.
    Did you decide to grow up after a couple fiascos like that? Or do you still plan on living out your youth the same way?

I do some of the same stuff and I’m waiting for it to bite me in the ass and I always wonder what the kids think when they’re hanging out with me and I’m being a jackass. I’ll be 40 this year so I figure I should slow down soon.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Great pics as always Harry.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Here’s one. My 6 year old asked what the name of this plant was and I told him I didn’t know. I could tell the gears were turning a bit and he was thinking about something and a half hour and kilometre later he sees another one. “Do you think we could call these the virus plants if they don’t have a name? Look at them, they look just like the coronavirus”.

Decent year. Spring... shot a nice bear but not good enough. Ran out of blood, spent days looking and came up empty. Took a smaller bear a couple weeks later.

Did some fishing, caught a pretty cool steelhead... radiator cracked that weekend and patched it with rubber vinyl and "liquid cement" from the boat patch kit. Got me home, got a new radiator, fixed a bunch of suspension stuff.

Took the jeep in to a shop I'd never been to before, just for inspection to detect and fix anything I missed. They took me for a long expensive ride and was without a jeep for 5-6 weeks. Mistake was I let them chase a minor evap code... ended up throwing a parts cannon at it... needs new LDP, nope, that's not it. got annoyed because they had me for 1k in BS already, so fix it or refund, ohh it's the gas tank, we replaced it, oooh jeep doesnt start now, that's funny.... fuel pump... on and on. Friggin crooks, held my rig hostage. When I got it back everything was ransacked, stuff that was in the glove box in the center console, stuff from the center console in the glovebox and stuff scattered on the floor and under the seats. Half wonder if they dropped it off the lift, but couldn't find any real damage other than to the wallet.

caddisgirl picked up a Henry H009 30-30. We tracked down a rail for it and scoped it. Cool gun!

Bow season came and went, no dice.

Had fun stomping around chasing deer in the timber but ended up with one deer (3x2) right around camp. Funny how that seems to go.

Took my brother out for his annual trip, got skunked, then stuck from the floods, bit of an adventure waiting for stars to align and Salty to save my a$$

Never did get out hunting after that. 2021 was good to us, probably better than many, so much misfortune for so many, but looking forward to what this year brings. Thinking it's all going to turn for the better.

Off to a weird start tho. Get a message from the neighbor she is pos for Rona. I message her, hey if you need anything let us know. I can zip around and do errands or pick things up. I don't hear back. 4am new years eve wake up to flashy lights and they are loading her into the ambulance.

caddisgirl was talking to her some days prior, took the same elevator, then she got sick, now I'm sick. We're doing fine (I feel great considering, caddisgirl a little back and forth) but no real update on neighbor other than still in hospital with "severe complications" ... hopefully this early wrinkle irons out and 22 is a gooder. I mean ".22", come on, it's gotta be good Turn around year! If ya'll don't mind please send some positive healing thoughts to my neighbor Nancy.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 01-02-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Jeez Caddis... Your life is a rollercoaster! Mechanics can suck. Sometimes they can be saviours though. I’m officially jealous of Caddisgirl. I’d love another Henry in .30-30 but I’m waiting for Anthony to act on my suggestions for a carbine or Trapper length barrel. I bought a .44 Mag Bigboy this year though. What scope did you mount?

Do you guys have “the virus”? I’ll keep some positive thoughts headed your way (and your neighbors).
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

@Bugle M In and landphil, thanks for the condolences. Both my dads were 90, so had full lives. My dad was sick for a couple of years with dementia and various cancers, so it was a relief for him. Stepdad was living on his own, walking his dogs, bought a new mountain bike (seriously!) and then fell down one day. Brain tumours. He was gone in 3 weeks. We thought he was going to go another 5 years at least. That was harder to take, but the 3 weeks allowed us all to see him and say goodbye. I’m 53 so I know a lot of older people. Lots of my friends parents are starting to go. It’s a part of life we all have to deal with.

.22 will be the best year ever. I can feel it!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Great pics as always Harry.
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Speaking about hunting only, it was a better than average year for me. Didn’t get out for spring bear, but did a local 3 day trip, two 5-6 day trips with a buddy to region 4, and a 6 day local moose hunt with my brother. Only bagged a whitetail doe, but had some awesome experiences including a really close chance on a good mulie buck.

Overall though, I’m happy to see this year come to a close. My dad passing early in the year, my wife losing her job, fires… …yeah, it’s been a shitty year. Cautiously hoping ‘22 will be better.
    My condolences to you about your dad, and your wife losing her job...