Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

Re: How was your year?

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Yeah they hit him and then he got hooked on the vehicle somehow and dragged him about 300 meters
    That’s pretty f’d up man. Could they have not noticed? Blatant disregard for someone’s life? I find it hard to believe people like this exist out there.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Yeah buddy it was insane, they were going way to fast for at night on the FSR and snowing. Because of where they came from, most likely the lower road of the mountain they were probably high or drunk. I figured they were going to go around but they headed right for us. They didn't stop or slow down, my Dad eventually came unhooked from the car somehow

Yeah buddy it was insane, they were going way to fast for at night on the FSR and snowing. Because of where they came from, most likely the lower road of the mountain they were probably high or drunk. I figured they were going to go around but they headed right for us. They didn't stop or slow down, my Dad eventually came unhooked from the car somehow
    I couldn’t imagine hit and running someone and driving away knowing they could be bleeding out and maybe I could save them, no matter what state I’m in.

I remember a story from a bunch of years ago where a group of people were making a booze run in port Hardy and ran over a woman who ended up getting stuck on the front of the car somewhere. They pulled the into a garage and parked the car and left her to die while they kept partying. Some people are pretty screwed up.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Yeah it's pretty sickening, some warped people out there! I had to jump out of the way and missed getting hit myself by seconds

first year i didnt hunt in 30 years

Any details on the truck etc?
    Obviously you are not going to say where due to it being you hunting spot.

Quote Originally Posted by butthead View Post
    first year i didnt hunt in 30 years
    That sucks.
    I have a feeling this coming season might also be the first time I may not hunt either.
    I cant even think how long that would make it????
    45 years maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Any details on the truck etc?
    Obviously you are not going to say where due to it being you hunting spot.
    It was actually a car, I got the description but no plate. It happened so quick and it was dark and snowing. It happened in Rock Creek.

Why ain't you huntin this season Bugle?

It was actually a car, I got the description but no plate. It happened so quick and it was dark and snowing. It happened in Rock Creek.

Why ain't you huntin this season Bugle?
    Well, My father is going downhill quick.
    When he passes, there will be some big changes for me.
    I live in a small place in the city, so most of my gear amongst other stuff is always stored at his place.
    Also, the truck and camper is another storage issue which actually he owns.
    So, I have 2 big changes coming, the loss of my best friend to be honest, and my most reliable hunting partner.
    And the fact that I most likely we have to sell his house, which means I need to figure out stuff with the wife as to where we
    go from here, and keeping in mind my daughter is only in gr9, so wife doesn't want to move far and there aint a chance in hell
    I could afford a place, with tons of storage and garages (plural for a reason) in the area we currently live.
    So, It might be a big sell off of truck/camper etc.
    And i am not so sure I will replace it at a later date????
    And paying for storage short term is a solution, but long term is a no go.

I cant say for sure what will happen.
    I only know some big changes are coming for me.
    If hunting comes to a halt, then so be it, as I have had many good years.
    And it isn't cheap anymore, with the price of fuel and maintenance etc.
    Might be spending way more time on day trips on the local rivers doing something new.
    Plus, have found a new passion with saltwater fishing these past few years and I might as well get some time in there, while
    there are still a few salmon left and before the dfo shuts out sportfishing completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Well, My father is going downhill quick.
    When he passes, there will be some big changes for me.
    I live in a small place in the city, so most of my gear amongst other stuff is always stored at his place.
    Also, the truck and camper is another storage issue which actually he owns.
    So, I have 2 big changes coming, the loss of my best friend to be honest, and my most reliable hunting partner.
    And the fact that I most likely we have to sell his house, which means I need to figure out stuff with the wife as to where we
    go from here, and keeping in mind my daughter is only in gr9, so wife doesn't want to move far and there aint a chance in hell
    I could afford a place, with tons of storage and garages (plural for a reason) in the area we currently live.
    So, It might be a big sell off of truck/camper etc.
    And i am not so sure I will replace it at a later date????
    And paying for storage short term is a solution, but long term is a no go.

I cant say for sure what will happen.
    I only know some big changes are coming for me.
    If hunting comes to a halt, then so be it, as I have had many good years.
    And it isn't cheap anymore, with the price of fuel and maintenance etc.
    Might be spending way more time on day trips on the local rivers doing something new.
    Plus, have found a new passion with saltwater fishing these past few years and I might as well get some time in there, while
    there are still a few salmon left and before the dfo shuts out sportfishing completely.
    Ahh man that's rough, I feel where you are coming from. When my Dad got hit and he was just gone I thought he was dead for sure until I found him up the FSR. How old is your Old Man if you don't mind me askin? Yeah the housing market down here is just disgusting. I just completed my Red Seal for Welding, and am contemplating starting over again in a Millwright apprenticeship to get the Red Seal in that, figure it would be easier to get work wherever I wanted in BC if I have that. That or Metal Fab/Fitting. Really getting sick of down here.

You could still do local stuff, you ever hunt the Blacktails?