Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How was your year?

Re: How was your year?

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My stepdad, who was my outdoors mentor died in March of ‘21, and my dad died one day later. They both survived marriage to my mother, but 2021 got them both...
    My condolences to you as well.......

To all of you that have lost loved ones sorry for your loss it’s not easy , if they had full and basically healthy lives for the most part that’s something to help ease the the pain of loss !

We have had better years but it could be worse , so We are thankful for that !

Hope all of you have a healthy and prosperous 2022 !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

♤♤♤♤you too buddy..

@Bugle M In and landphil, thanks for the condolences. Both my dads were 90, so had full lives. My dad was sick for a couple of years with dementia and various cancers, so it was a relief for him. Stepdad was living on his own, walking his dogs, bought a new mountain bike (seriously!) and then fell down one day. Brain tumours. He was gone in 3 weeks. We thought he was going to go another 5 years at least. That was harder to take, but the 3 weeks allowed us all to see him and say goodbye. I’m 53 so I know a lot of older people. Lots of my friends parents are starting to go. It’s a part of life we all have to deal with.

.22 will be the best year ever. I can feel it!
    Yup, after my Dad is gone here, it will be the end of an era for me, as he is the last of all the older folks I grew up with and
    basically considered aunts and uncles even though there were no blood ties.
    Even back in Europe, most of the gang is long gone, even some cousins now.
    Its only when you look back at your life and times spent with others you realize how special they were.
    Quite often just don't realize it at the time sadly.
    Because life is life and people leave, its important to continue to make new friends along the way.
    Can get lonely otherwise.

Jeez Caddis... Your life is a rollercoaster! Mechanics can suck. Sometimes they can be saviours though. I’m officially jealous of Caddisgirl. I’d love another Henry in .30-30 but I’m waiting for Anthony to act on my suggestions for a carbine or Trapper length barrel. I bought a .44 Mag Bigboy this year though. What scope did you mount?

Do you guys have “the virus”? I’ll keep some positive thoughts headed your way (and your neighbors).
    It was tough sourcing any mounts locally or even Amazon, so ended up ordering one from Henry Pride. Had to pay an arm and a leg for shipping and wait a few weeks for it to arrive. First shipment actually got turned around, but they were on it right away and shipped out another in short order. Really good service, prompt and responsive. Here's the link:

https://henrypride.com/products/henr...nd-h010-series

Was worth every penny seeing caddisgirl with the setup she always wanted. Probably one of the highlights of her 2021!

As for 'the virus", yeah it seems that way. She has a test booked for Tuesday. We sure know how to start a new year. We're good though. She feels a bit better than yesterday. I'm a bit worse today, but she had a head start. Really worried about me neighbor though. Been in the ICU since around 4am Friday.

Anyway, it was a good 2021 for us and I am optimistic 2022 will be even better.

Condolences to you and anyone who lost loved ones in 21. Here's hoping for a healthy and prosperous 2022 for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Did you decide to grow up after a couple fiascos like that? Or do you still plan on living out your youth the same way?

I do some of the same stuff and I’m waiting for it to bite me in the ass and I always wonder what the kids think when they’re hanging out with me and I’m being a jackass. I’ll be 40 this year so I figure I should slow down soon.
    no plan to slow down……lol
    Dirt bike accident……front tire slid out going 15-20km/hr…..shit happens. Sled injury happened when learning to do re entries…..didn’t jump far enough and the brake lever/reservoir smashed into my shin when the sled came over backwards.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 01-02-2022 at 10:36 PM.

and some goats because this is a hunting site.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Hopefully the pictures came up.
    Hunting wise it was a good year got two Blacktails with my bow the 4x2 pictured above(hopefully hahah) and a spiker. I found a really good local place 20-30 minute drive from where I live for Blacktails that produces. Found a new absolutely beautiful high country region 3 area that I am excited to scout and hopefully take a Mulie from next year. My locating of pockets of Deer in new areas was very good this year, of course lots of work put into that.

The bad, me and my Old man were hunting Rememberance day long weekend Region 8. We were gathering wood for the wood stove and somebody hit my Old man and dragged him up the FSR in their car. He good hurt pretty bad but is on the mend major and is doing really well. I am very happy with his recovery, I thought we was going to be almost vegetable like for a while but has pulled through that and is recovering. They haven't got the person yet.

^^^^^What???
    Someone ran over you dad?
    While hunting?

WTF???

Yeah they hit him and then he got hooked on the vehicle somehow and dragged him about 300 meters