Thread: Cabela's ONE dog vest

Cabela's ONE dog vest

Does anyone have any experience with the Cabela's Northern Flight Renegade One dog vest it looks like it would maybe fit my GSP better than the standard neoprene vest. With the pointer being so chesty I figured with the 3 piece design I might get the fit I am looking for. Any feedback would be great.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabela's ONE dog vest

Looks like Cabelas has knocked of the MOmarsh Versa-Vest.
    Last edited by Dakota Creek; 01-01-2022 at 04:41 AM.

https://youtu.be/RV5GpGGWgIA

Looks like a reasonable solution for custom fitting…..
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    https://youtu.be/RV5GpGGWgIA

Looks like a reasonable solution for custom fitting…..
    I'm liking the MoMarsh VersaVest. Sako has grown out of a couple vests in the last couple of years because she's put more muscle on her chest so if I had had one of these I could have just re-adjusted the straps since it fits dogs from 35 to 100 pounds.

These vests are heavier than any of the regular 5mm neoprene vests are because the panels that you lock in the velcro straps in with are 5mm thick so in essence you're getting 10mm neoprene thickness on the sides and back. After looking at the Cabelas "one size fits all" vest it doesn't appear than it has any neoprene on the belly or chest which would be fine for field work but not near as warm for deep water retrieves or keeping the dog as warm in sub zero hunting conditions like we're having now.

Sako looks natural in that vest form fittinfg don't use a vest on the lab ,used to hunt deep water with quite a bit of tree and roots ,saw one smaller lab get hung up on her vest and lucky they had a punt close by.That being said my guy went through the ice last night ,(must have been running water underneath) and he managed to haul himself out before my rescue attempt was made.Think he wished he had a vest on that night...

Remembering back with Lacey and Dutchie busting thru the ice in the bog, I'll bet they wished they had vest then also
    Pull the trigger all the way back.

Too true ,no vests back in those days only desire and making sure there were few cripples.The deep water was always a challenge with every retrieve a long swim out and back..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Too true ,no vests back in those days only desire and making sure there were few cripples.The deep water was always a challenge with every retrieve a long swim out and back..
    Good thing you're a strong swimmer, Mike!