Thread: Base layers

Base layers

Like the title says I am looking for a good long sleeve with hood base layer something like the Sitka core lightweight hoody. I do not need to go with a hunting brand either but do want long sleeves and a hood. Whats everyone using these days.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Base layers

Black Ovis makes some decent merino base layers on a budget.

Under Armour also makes some good synthetic base layers but not sure if they have ones with a hood.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Look and see if Mountain hardware has anything. If you have a Columbia factory store close by or know someone that can get the 50% discount. My friend wears a lot of Mountain Hardware in solids. It looks good to me and he has no complaints. We also dress our kids in Columbia gear cause they are the only ones that make semi technical clothing for kids. And the kids always do their best to destroy it lol. Usually it gets passed down the line when outgrown

I usually wear a Sitka CORE lightweight long sleeve next to my skin, and a merino layer over that from First Lite or Sitka
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I've really liked my FL Wick and Kiln layers. Both come in hoody configurations.

Taiga, is the best bang for the buck…
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..