Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I moved to Clearwater

Re: I moved to Clearwater

People make choices Harry. If someone decides to try drugs that is a choice. It is up to the parent to tell the child that choices come with repercussions. Bad choices = bad results.
    You made a good choice moving to where you did. That is all.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Wow MichelD.
    There is a lot of locals growing vegetables, and the grocery store in clearwater is well stocked better than many in the city. All the trucks drive past it...duh.
    Craigs bakery delivers daily up there and there is other grocery stores including bakery. in addition year round produce is grown up here buy many back yard farmers with success...

Beef,lamb,chicken,eggs.. how much do you want? My wife or I take at least two trips a month to the local abortoir (certified government kill facility) that is maybe half an hour 40 minutes from clearwater and there are many other small producers up in his neighbourhood if you want you can come help me load the next one in the trailer on the 11th. We are taking orders for the animal we are bringing in on april 28th..
    Harry ignore that nay say crap...the biggest down side is at your boys age your only a couple years from grade 8 and access to more diverse high schools and university is more of a challenge... that said with some creative parenting you can make sure hes still advancing even faster than the others.
    And thanks for not putting something you dont want to in your body because some beraucrat told you too.

I am sure a nice jump down in realestate from kelowna to clearwater but there is some good properties to be had there to still get a great equity ride. Oh and kokane fishing down town..swimming down town,chinook fishing down town, ect.
    Thanks for the support buddy, and all good points...

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Good luck to you and your family Harry !
    Arctic Lake
    Thanks pal, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Dont get me wrong. If I new we could handle it, i would be gone. Unfortunately ive been spoiled and because of my age im really starting to like the various restaurants, the access to anything i want so quick and easy. It is such a huge decision to make because if its a mistake there is no way to buy back in. If you enjoy it then good on ya and im jealous. It could be the biggest mistake ive ever made by not doing it.
    I hear ya buddy, but sounds like you've got your family in a great place...we're happy here thus far, I've got a great new job, and things are going to get even better as winter fades away, so much bush, so many lakes and mountains...and best of all, less ppl and city busy ness..

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    People make choices Harry. If someone decides to try drugs that is a choice. It is up to the parent to tell the child that choices come with repercussions. Bad choices = bad results.
    You made a good choice moving to where you did. That is all.
    I agree, and thank you I feel that we made the right choice..

You know what's nice about Clearwater? It's not the end of the road like Port Alice, Bella Coola, Prince Rupert, Sandspit, Stewart, MacKenzie, Kitamat and a few other nondescript places. Did I mention Horsefly?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You know what's nice about Clearwater? It's not the end of the road like Port Alice, Bella Coola, Prince Rupert, Sandspit, Stewart, MacKenzie, Kitamat and a few other nondescript places. Did I mention Horsefly?
    Horsefly???

Nothing to see here....

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Your just JELOUS of Martins New Ranch there ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I hear ya buddy, but sounds like you've got your family in a great place...we're happy here thus far, I've got a great new job, and things are going to get even better as winter fades away, so much bush, so many lakes and mountains...and best of all, less ppl and city busy ness..
    Keep us updated. I can live vicariously through you. All i know for me personally, i would be out exploring every chance i could. I would also go to birch island and give my old pal dana a visit.lol
    Hunting the promised land

I can point you towards some outstanding lakes for rainbows and moose hunting if you're lucky enough to get a draw...