Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I moved to Clearwater

Re: I moved to Clearwater

Thanks everyone!....

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    kids will find good or bad things to do where ever they live. Most of the kids I grew up with had no issues finding constructive things to do as teens.
    How far from your house is your kids school, the closest grocery store, base ball/soccer field, swimming pool?? How many hrs a day do you spend driving your kids to these places?
    mid there a dentist where you live that’s open at 2am? Give your head a shake…..who wouldn’t take the day off to take their child to see a doctor/dentist. I would have taken a day off to take my kids to the park. There’s always time to make money but your kids grow up too fast.

I can see that you're the type to bicker at any valid point for the sake of trying trying come out ahead and turn every inconvenience into a convenience. So you can have it.

Not engaging in this with you.

If you think 300km drive to see a dentist, right after you just did 300km to buy groceries is convenient, then you go ahead and do that.

Clearwater is only about 1-1.5 hour drive to Kamloops actually, depending on road conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I can see that you're the type to bicker at any valid point for the sake of trying trying come out ahead and turn every inconvenience into a convenience. So you can have it.

If you think 300km drive to see a dentist, right after you just did 300km to buy groceries is convenient, then you go ahead and do that.

Each to their own man. If you feel the need to be 5 minutes away from a hospital in case your kid gets a nose bleed at 2 am then you go ahead and do that.

To the OP congrats man. Beauty country. Have a buddy that sold on the island last spring and bought 80 acres in Clearwater. We spent 10 days mid November hunting up there, no luck but like I said beauty country. Enjoy

Clearwater is a nice area. Close to Wells Gray park. Doesn't get much better for a young family that appreciates nature & the outdoors. I've lived both in urban as well as rural environments throughout my life. I much prefer the rural, or smaller towns, not everyone does of course. Fresh eggs, milk, bread, meat, veggies available from local producers. The longer trip to Kammy or large centre for niceties can be a welcome change of pace, outing. Way more pleasant drive than some endure as a daily commute in the concrete jungle. I remember as a kid living in Gimli & the monthly drive to Winterpeg was a cool adventure.
    Last edited by mike31154; 12-31-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Love their new mtn bike area and it looked the associated X country skiing would be very good as well.

Nice climate there and a good variety of stuff within easy access.

Big clean rivers with fish.....

And I think you can buy beer there. So ticks all the boxes for me!

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Small town, big town, PG, Kamloops, Vanderhoof, doesn't mean a hill of $hit raising kids, and building strong families!! Lots of good folks come from all different places!! Building strong families, and raising good kids comes down to parents surrounding their kids and their friends with positive, safe loving atmospheres! Big town or small, doesn't matter! How you go about showing love to your children matters! Can't say I'd move to Clearwater myself, but you have your reasons, and I am sure you never made the decision lightly! I live in PG, a stinky $hithole according to others, but it is home. It is where my family is, and I have managed so far, to eek out a nice little life for myself and my family! Some of my best friends come from the lower mainland, and they are honest hard working folks, who chose to start and raise children in this place! Congrats on your move. I was gonna head that way this winter to find some new riding areas in the mountain powder in the valley!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Good choice! We just moved from Mission to Blind Bay.

Move where you want. That's your choice.

Every place you live has its postive and negative attributes.

I'm reminded of when I left a small coastal village with my wife and 9-year-old daughter for Vancouver primarily becase the school and teachers were the shits and people said things like "How can you bring a young girl to the city with all the crime and sex perverts there."

Well, shortly before we left it was revealed that the local chiropractor was a modern day Fagin running a theft ring of underage kids who were breaking into homes and shops for valuables and tools in exchange for booze and drugs in the "clean wholesome" little village we lived in.

Shortly after we moved it turned out that one of the teachers there, an equal opportuity pedophile, had been holding hot tub parties with plenty of booze for pre-teen and young teenage boys and girls and was charged with numerous offences and put away for a long time.

As kids grow up, they might not all want to become a clone of daddy to whom hunting and fishing is the main focus in life and they might be interested in other options a small town might not offer.
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-31-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

you couldn’t be more wrong about me. Just countered your off base comments with a positive first hand experience of growing up in a small town and raising my kids in the same town.

I think the OP made a great choice and won’t regret it for a second.