Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I moved to Clearwater

Re: I moved to Clearwater

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    We want our son to be raised with good morels!

My previous employer whom I had been with for over 15 years had mandated the covid shot , and I stick to my beliefs no matter what.
    There are probably some good chanterelles and pine mushrooms up that way too!

One of my best friends was put in the same situation. He was ok with the concept of the flu shot they’re handing out like a “vaccine”, but didn’t want to be pressured into it. He is a 25 year veteran of his company, and manages two departments for them with over 50 guys under him. (Also in Kelowna). He ended up getting his shots on HIS terms, and made his employer give up something in return. I don’t force my employees to get poked. It’s up to the individual.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    We are done with this place too. Way too busy. Moved here in ‘72 so the changes that I’ve seen are staggering.

We’ll be moving to a small town somewhere….or maybe even the tropics somewhere. Who knows but definitely ready for a lifestyle change.
    I also moved to Hellowna in ‘72, but got the heck outta there in ‘89. My brother moved back a few years ago, but he’s considering going elsewhere again.

We have a meeting with a US immigration attorney in 3 weeks, right after we get back from Baja, where we will be looking at real estate too. Moving our business is something we plan to do by June of this year if all goes to “plan”. Not much has done that in the past 3 years, but fingers crossed!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Translation. "I drive the honey wagon".
    Never laughed so hard all year long !

Cheers to all of you

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    Have you ever left the city and spent time in a small town?
    Nothing in a city is conveniently located for everyone, unless your idea of convenient is driving 20km/45min.
    kids can actually be kids in a small town. They can walk where ever they want to go instead of being chauffeured. As a parent you can relax knowing there are tons of people watching out for your kids, especially when youve been there for a while. Shopping isn’t high on everyone priority list.
    There's more to raising children than the freedom aspect of roaming around a town on their own.

I grew up in a small town in Europe, post civil war too, so I know what you're referring to. It was great when I was a kid, but when you're a teenager it's not ideal.

Kids in that environment may not be stimulated enough nor exposed to enough diversity that you experience in a bigger town. And if you do want to expose them to a lot more, then it's constant driving around the province.

How are things not conveniently located in the city unless you rely on public transit?

What's the plan in clearwater when kid has a toothache at 2am? Drive 150km into Kamloops and take the day off work as a result? That seems real convenient.

Welcome to Clearwater.

I love small towns. Clearwater seems like a real nice place. Hunting, and fishing and loving everyday. I wish you well. Nice you didn’t get ram rodded or stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don’t ever let a citiot make you question your decision. Your kids do well because of how you raised them. Big fish can come from small ponds.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Congrats. I always liked that part of the bush. As with anything it is what you make of it. I'd be hard pressed to trade the small community I live close to for anything although it does have its challenges. Lots of people raised in small towns so don't let the stick in the mud get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    There's more to raising children than the freedom aspect of roaming around a town on their own.

I grew up in a small town in Europe, post civil war too, so I know what you're referring to. It was great when I was a kid, but when you're a teenager it's not ideal.

Kids in that environment may not be stimulated enough nor exposed to enough diversity that you experience in a bigger town. And if you do want to expose them to a lot more, then it's constant driving around the province.

How are things not conveniently located in the city unless you rely on public transit?

What's the plan in clearwater when kid has a toothache at 2am? Drive 150km into Kamloops and take the day off work as a result? That seems real convenient.
    kids will find good or bad things to do where ever they live. Most of the kids I grew up with had no issues finding constructive things to do as teens.
    How far from your house is your kids school, the closest grocery store, base ball/soccer field, swimming pool?? How many hrs a day do you spend driving your kids to these places?
    mid there a dentist where you live that’s open at 2am? Give your head a shake…..who wouldn’t take the day off to take their child to see a doctor/dentist. I would have taken a day off to take my kids to the park. There’s always time to make money but your kids grow up too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by tyreguy View Post
    Wasn't David Shearing from Clearwater?????......... Don't be fooled into thinking that moving to a small town rids you of any problems.
    Sometimes when the kids have nothing to do is when they get into the most amount of trouble, especially a new kid in town can be pretty tough.
    Each location has its benefits, and its all what you make of it. I like being 5 minutes from Costco, 7 minutes to the Border, 15 minutes from an International Airport, 10 minutes from a major hospital but on the other side i can do without the stupid people and volume of people that come with the same conveniences. My parents are aging so i'm committed for now.
    Know the difference between visiting for 2 weeks a year and living there for 12 months.
    I agree, a small town doesn't keep kids from trouble if they're looking for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Good for you Harry!

We are done with this place too. Way too busy. Moved here in ‘72 so the changes that I’ve seen are staggering.

We’ll be moving to a small town somewhere but it definitely won’t be Clearwater (my fiancé grew up there lol)….or maybe even the tropics somewhere. Who knows but definitely ready for a lifestyle change.

I wanted to have you over for a drink before you moved but I guess that can’t happen now.

I know your kids will adapt. It’s definitely tough to move in the winter.

Best of luck!

SSS
    That would have been great to have drink with you pal but that's OK, lol I was so busy with the move...

Cheers!