Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I moved to Clearwater

Re: I moved to Clearwater

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    We looked at a house in Clearwater. Ad said 5 acres and a 4,000 sq ft house. When we viewed it we were shocked to find it butts up against a mountain. 5 very mountainous acres going almost vertical. We passed and ended up going from Surrey to Blind bay.
    Dang...still a nice area where you went though

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche123 View Post
    Clearwater is on my list of retirement locations. My only concern is smokey summers....no where is perfect so keeping a keen eye on real estate.
    Absolutely......have only been here 12 days...look forward to seeing how the other seasons go..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    No, I'm a water quality/water distribution/ waste water collection technician, I got a job here in the industry...
    Translation. "I drive the honey wagon".

Google tells me Clearwater has a population of 2300. What's life like with kids in a small town like this?

It has 2 schools, which can't be conveniently located for everyone. Shopping is a trip to kamloops?
    What about hospital?

It seems so .... inconvenient for life with children.

Perfect place for kids to grow up out of the zombie city life. Hope Clearwater treats you and your family right, good luck
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Translation. "I drive the honey wagon".
    Lol sometimes but sometimes the wagon derails off the road at inconvenient times and I gotta work long hours to get it back on the road..

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Google tells me Clearwater has a population of 2300. What's life like with kids in a small town like this?

It has 2 schools, which can't be conveniently located for everyone. Shopping is a trip to kamloops?
    What about hospital?

Well we don't have the entertainment of junior hockey, a swimming pool, or other similar entertainment, but there is a hospital and most other amenities here.. and still lots of things for a kid to do.. and lots of bushcraft related things for a kid to do.. heck, we heat with wood as well as a furnace.. he starts the fires most nights..his school is a 12 minute drive away.

The zamboni driver there is a smokeShow! Her husband is one of the cops tho....lol

Clearwater is nice. People there were always great to me, every time I went there.

never hunted around there, but there has to be some good spots

Id be taking a hard look at getting into a river jet sled if I lived there

What about hospital?

Have you ever left the city and spent time in a small town?
    Nothing in a city is conveniently located for everyone, unless your idea of convenient is driving 20km/45min.
    kids can actually be kids in a small town. They can walk where ever they want to go instead of being chauffeured. As a parent you can relax knowing there are tons of people watching out for your kids, especially when youve been there for a while. Shopping isn’t high on everyone priority list.

What about hospital?

Typical 604 attitude. The more kids that are raised north of hope the better. Independent , free thinkers. Good on op for putting his family first !