Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I moved to Clearwater

Re: I moved to Clearwater

If you have a good health, retiring to a small town has its advantages. Think of the annual property tax in big cities. It will break your back if you only have a limited fixed income
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I love small towns. Clearwater seems like a real nice place. Hunting, and fishing and loving everyday. I wish you well. Nice you didn’t get ram rodded or stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don’t ever let a citiot make you question your decision. Your kids do well because of how you raised them. Big fish can come from small ponds.

Agreed...

Welcome to the north thompson harry...and good on you for not putting a unknown substence in your body and holding your ground.

I am my own employeer and employee many men but nobody would be pushed like that by me..welcome to the North Thompson and enjoy all its wonders.

Word of advice if you need gasoline after the gas station closes dont go to the bar and ask to buy gas...lol it wont be what you wanted...

I moved from almost down town Edmonton to the toolies. Got so sick of the car alarms and sirens all the time. The white noise never stopped. And if it wasn't nailed down it walked. Miss the restaurants and that is about all I miss(oh no I do miss my old dentist).
    Now I love the quiet till the neighbours come back in the spring. 28 lakes to fish and I have wet a line in 11 of them.
    No TV so I have a lot of time to do stuff. Ya we drive an hour to get groceries, every two weeks.
    I have 36 acres along Francois lake if this spot gets too crowded.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Clearwater is one of my favorite places. I work there a lot and would move there if my wife would agree.

Buddy,

It doesn't matter what we think about moving to Clearwater.
    Probably doensnt even matter what you think either.
    It's, "What does the wife think about the move" that is really going to matter

My son lived there for a few years until the mill shutdown. Then he had to move again because he is too young to retire.
    He is more of a fishing nut and hunting is quite secondary to him.
    I can safely say that he is happier where he is now. And that is because when he arrived at his next place of domicile he bought a big as Kingfisher, so it's very hard to keep him off the water. The weather at the moment is doing a fine job and keeps him preoccupied in his free time shovelling snow.
    Would he speak disparagingly of Clearwater? The answer is no aside from the only negative aspect, that being the grandson had issues at school with other classmates. Entering into a new school as a teenager is challenging, especially if you are a bit of a introvert. The grandson is excelling at his new school and is a straight "A" student and will graduate with honors this year. I think it will be much easier for a younger child going to elementary school to assimilate into the group.
    As with all small towns, gossip travels at warp speed so you want to be prudent about what you reveal about yourself and your family. It will not take you long to be on a first name basis with your neighbours, which incidentally is the entire. village.
    And remember, effluent flows downhill and you may have to drink the water in Kamloops one day.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Azure lake had incredible fishing!!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I can see that you're the type to bicker at any valid point for the sake of trying trying come out ahead and turn every inconvenience into a convenience. So you can have it.

Not engaging in this with you.

If you think 300km drive to see a dentist, right after you just did 300km to buy groceries is convenient, then you go ahead and do that.
    I hear ya. The one thing I will never forget was when I was on a job in port renfrew and saw an 8 year old smoking dope. I saw marijuana baggies pinned to the side of the church. Ive worked and lived in many small towns of this province and the states. When there is nothing to do people will drink or do drugs. I also remember how many wifes and husbands were cheating on each other. I had a cabin/house in a small community and the local gossip was brutal, no thanks. Moving to a small city I understand but moving to a 2 horse town is a no go. You can only fish and hunt so much.
    Hunting the promised land

I agree with everything you said Dino. But it isn’t only a small town problem, you just hear about it in the small town.

Well dino a 8 year old smoking pot...hmm seen this in mission and in maple ridge many times and port coquitlam i have seen 13 year olds doing powder.

Lots for kids to do in the interior of bc.

Mine hunt and fish but they also ski,horse back ride,mountain bike,dirt bike farm,garden,cook ,clean,can have freinds over for trampolines and nerf fights oh and did i mention they go hunting and fishing from the yard. They also run tractors excavators drive dump trucks build forts ect...at the age of 12 and 10 they are very capable young people helping me insulate,paint pour concrete ect.

Also dino gossip may seem more in a small town or more problems but the truth is its just harder to not be transparent in a small town..

I do miss donairs and chinese food cheap though..