Thread: Solo Hntr rifle cover

Solo Hntr rifle cover

Anyone using the stay on Solo Hntr rifle covers? I think first lite, Caldwell and maybe a couple others make them. Leaning towards the solo Hntr but see the Caldwell is about half price. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

thanks,

BradC

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Solo Hntr rifle cover

I've used one (Solo Hntr) when needed over the last 7 seasons. Works great
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I recently started using the caldwell one. I am happy with it and could have used one years ago. Its fairly light and I can still use my kifaru gun bearer with it. In snowy or rainy conditions its nice keeping yer rig out of the elements. I also used it while carrying my rifle in a kolpin gun mount one my quad. It did a decent job at keeping the dust off it in that application. I certainly recommend one.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I recently started using the caldwell one. I am happy with it and could have used one years ago. Its fairly light and I can still use my kifaru gun bearer with it. In snowy or rainy conditions its nice keeping yer rig out of the elements. I also used it while carrying my rifle in a kolpin gun mount one my quad. It did a decent job at keeping the dust off it in that application. I certainly recommend one.

Thanks guys!

How’s the Caldwell for waterproof? (I’m thinking this might be where the price difference is) think the solo has a membrane of some kind. How’s the fit? Hoping to fit 40-47” overall length rifles. I find to Amazon reviews all over the map on length

The caldwell has been fine in light rain for full day hunts. It can be sprayed with waterproofing as well

I thought the caldwell and solo were the same, guess not. I have the caldwell, works good but forgot to use it this season lol
    Just a conspiracy bro!