Thread: Christmas goose

Christmas goose

I was invited to a Christmas dinner once where the hostess had prepared a large Canada goose she had been given.

The house smelled wonderful of roasting bird as the goose cooked and then when it was brought to the table it looked great, big, plump and roasted to perfection. Then we sat down and I looked at the rear end.

The goose had been gutted by cutting crossways across the bottom between the breast bone and the cloaca, removing the guts and leaving the cloaca in place. I can't imagine the shit show that had occurred when they cut the lower intestine off leaving it there. Now it sat there protruding out of the end of the bird, swollen, cooked and puckered, presenting an image only a proctologist could love.

I chose some breast meat from the other end.
    Last edited by MichelD; 12-25-2021 at 03:16 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Christmas goose

lol wise choice

Makes me looking forward to the opener tomorrow lol

Same ... haven't had time to scout though.. this weekend might be my scouting trip

Went out to my little hidey hole along the Pitt river from 7:30 until 11:45 today. Lots of geese around but none flew over my spot. A guy was zipping up one side of the river and down the river over the morning in a yellow 14 or 16 foot boat making a flurry of shots now and then.
    Last edited by MichelD; 02-10-2022 at 05:39 PM.

I find the pitt can be better at last light, as the birds fly towards the river for night from the fields.

just before duck season closed, I was out with decoys and a guy pulled up in a boat and shot at my decoys.

lots of idiots out there for sure!

Pretty dense low cloud this morning out there. I’m thinking it had some affect on their patterns.