Thread: Private property hunting in bc

Private property hunting in bc

Hey all

So I have got permission from 2 different properties to hunt on. One is in Coldstream ( just out of Vernon) and one is in township of Spalumcheen ( just out of Armstrong)

I’ve never hunted private property so where do I find all the rules? District bylaws? Regulations? I’m very concerned with keeping all things legal so how do I know I’m all set?
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Private property hunting in bc

Regional district office on Aberdeen rd. should be able to answer your questions. There are some areas in Coldstream that are “no shooting” regardless of where your are, private property or not…..
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

https://coldstream.civicweb.net/document/475

This is for Coldstream.
    Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    Regional district office on Aberdeen rd. should be able to answer your questions. There are some areas in Coldstream that are “no shooting” regardless of where your are, private property or not…..
    Nope, don't go there, you want District of Coldstream office on Kalamalka Lake Road.

For Coldstream , go to the district if coldstream website ... there is a map . I imagine Armstrong /Spell has a similar page ...

Make sure you get written permision not word of mouth ,land owner can change their minds once they see you killed something .

Saw a Consent to hunt private property once . . . possibly BCWF?

A ranch owner gave a consent to a 15 year old. When I challenged him he produced the dog eared document.
    He was now hunting with his son. The ranch owner told him he was no longer welcome and told me I should have grabbed the paper.

How large is the property, how many others have permission,what are you hunting for and what can you do for the land owner in a show of good faith?

Not positive but I think a permission to hunt paper would need to be dated and only good for 1 year unless otherwise stated . When I lived in the Vernon area (left in 2015) I had verbal permission to hunt on alot of the ranchland , even had farmers that didn't allow hunting call me up to wack coyotes.
    Difference is I had ties to to the ranching community and a ranchers word was good enough . The old "It's who you know" thing