Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who makes the best gaiters?

Re: Who makes the best gaiters?

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    not sure length but I seen a gaiter comparison video possibly by blackovis and they mentioned they were one of the tallest iirc.
    Like you I have long calf’s. honestly I still have to have the boot strap a little on the long side to get the gaiter top over my calf.
    With the strap on the long side my boot is a little more exposed than I’d like. But still works.
    in a perfect world i like to have them 1-2” longer.
    Yes. Same!!

I was really hoping when stone glacier came out with theirs that they would make a "tall" model. It's hard to believe no one offers this yet in a world of tall model clothes, left handed rifles and bows etc.... there ought to me a market for taller gaiters damn it

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    I had a pair of OR research crocodiles that lasted 8 years. Best piece of gear I ever had. They kicked the bucket this year so I bought a new pair, which proceeded to break in 2 days. They seem to have cheaped out on the metal clip in the adjustment strap, as that is what broke. I've got a pair of sitka stormfronts now, no complaints yet.
    I had the same thing happen to mine OR gaiters as well. Contacted their warranty department and they told me that the clip has been a common issue. They are looking at replacing it in their design. Gave me a new pair.

If you still have them, I'd try and get your money back or get a new pair sent to you.

OR Crocodile
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I grabbed a pair of the firstlite bramblers last year. Put ‘em through a pretty gnarly Rosie hunt this year and they held up well. I’d buy again fwiw

7 years with kenetreck, over a thousand k.

Super quiet, probably get another grand out of them…
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by jikkyo View Post
    I had the same thing happen to mine OR gaiters as well. Contacted their warranty department and they told me that the clip has been a common issue. They are looking at replacing it in their design. Gave me a new pair.

If you still have them, I'd try and get your money back or get a new pair sent to you.
    You cheated yourself out of a free pair my friend. Those are lifetime warranty gaiters. I just had mine replaced after 11 years of abuse. No questions asked. Call OR they will give you a store credit at least for them.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.