Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the best gaiters?

Re: Who makes the best gaiters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Hiking in rattlesnake country one looks more at protection than the fluff.
    The joys of the Okanagan
    A damp shin vs being bullet proof.
    Yeah I'll pass on all the venomous stuff. Just claws and teeth for me, thanks!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreasny View Post
    I had a pair of black diamond gor-Tex they were great for durability and being waterproof but super noisy I currently use Kuiu kutana gaiters they are waterproof, durable and quiet but are 3 times the price of the black diamond ones
    Price isn't listed as a concern, because dry is worth it.

Lots of good info flowing here!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

OR gaiters and Hanwag trappers are an awesome combo of waterproof gear. I was just walking straight across rivers while my two hunting partners had to take their boots off and roll up pants. Not a drop of water leaked in. Bone dry!!
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Outdoor Research Crocodile gaiters are the best I’ve found ~$100. Use them ~200 days/years, get 1-2 years out of them. Gorilla tape to repair and/or reinforce them. Water proofing is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Just sold my Sitka gaiters. Mostly cause they were too short.

I purchased a pair of kingscamo xkg gaiters from camofire.com
    really happy with them. Only one season on them tho. But they seem pretty solid and are bit taller than most.

If your not familiar with camofire, Every day is a new slate of stuff.
    Seems like every month or so I see the gaiters on there.

Do you know how much taller than the others they are? I am also looking for some taller gaiters.

I'm pretty tall and find most sit at the calf muscle but would be nice if I could find a pair that sat just below the knee

OR Crocodile

I had a pair of OR research crocodiles that lasted 8 years. Best piece of gear I ever had. They kicked the bucket this year so I bought a new pair, which proceeded to break in 2 days. They seem to have cheaped out on the metal clip in the adjustment strap, as that is what broke. I've got a pair of sitka stormfronts now, no complaints yet.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Do you know how much taller than the others they are? I am also looking for some taller gaiters.

I'm pretty tall and find most sit at the calf muscle but would be nice if I could find a pair that sat just below the knee
    not sure length but I seen a gaiter comparison video possibly by blackovis and they mentioned they were one of the tallest iirc.
    Like you I have long calf’s. honestly I still have to have the boot strap a little on the long side to get the gaiter top over my calf.
    With the strap on the long side my boot is a little more exposed than I’d like. But still works.
    in a perfect world i like to have them 1-2” longer.

I’ve had multiple OR crocks when the warranty was good, sitka and kuiu. My favorite are the kuiu’s. The OR croc’s always open on the bottom because the Velcro doesn’t hold up.

For me I have OR but they're definitely not quiet
    Just a conspiracy bro!