Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the best gaiters?

Who makes the best gaiters?

Items of importance, in order of importance;
    1-Water resistance/waterproofness
    2- Quiet. Brushed face, or something that doesn't go ZWICKZWICKZWICK as I'm tryin' to get my sneak on.
    3- longevity. Last set are falling apart after 3 years of use. They were cheap from capital Iron though.

Who likes what, and why?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Who makes the best gaiters?

quietest I've found is Kenetrek, brushed fabric outer layer, but they aren't the most durable or waterproof, use them for bush hunting, never mountain hiking

I have a set of hillsound gaiters which are ok, waterproof but annoying to zipper closed, the draft guard catches in the zipper and I personally think the calf sizing is a bit off compared to other brands

had a set of kuiu which liked, albeit very short lived before I left them somewhere lol...I can see myself ordering another pair

from your list 1 and 3 you can get together, but I'd say you sacrifice both of those qualities if you want quiet

I think 3 years is probably decent life, depending how often and terrain you use them...if only using them sparingly than 3 years could be disappointing
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    quietest I've found is Kenetrek, brushed fabric outer layer, but they aren't the most durable or waterproof, use them for bush hunting, never mountain hiking

I have a set of hillsound gaiters which are ok, waterproof but annoying to zipper closed, the draft guard catches in the zipper and I personally think the calf sizing is a bit off compared to other brands

had a set of kuiu which liked, albeit very short lived before I left them somewhere lol...I can see myself ordering another pair

from your list 1 and 3 you can get together, but I'd say you sacrifice both of those qualities if you want quiet

I think 3 years is probably decent life, depending how often and terrain you use them...if only using them sparingly than 3 years could be disappointing
    Ok, perspective on longevity is good.

Breaking it down on cost per dry day vs initial price is a good thought. My cheapies at $50 are actually awesome even though they are loud.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Just sold my Sitka gaiters. Mostly cause they were too short.

I purchased a pair of kingscamo xkg gaiters from camofire.com
    really happy with them. Only one season on them tho. But they seem pretty solid and are bit taller than most.

If your not familiar with camofire, Every day is a new slate of stuff.
    Seems like every month or so I see the gaiters on there.

Not outdoor research last pair didn't even last a 10 day caribou hunt.

Hiking in rattlesnake country one looks more at protection than the fluff.
    The joys of the Okanagan
    A damp shin vs being bullet proof.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Why not all in one unit: Snakeboots from Rocky Boots?

I had a pair of black diamond gor-Tex they were great for durability and being waterproof but super noisy I currently use Kuiu kutana gaiters they are waterproof, durable and quiet but are 3 times the price of the black diamond ones

OR makes the best gaiters to me, the design hasn’t changed… because they work

I have kenetrek, sitka outdoor research and kuiu gaiters. The kenetreks were the quietest and were easy to put on. They did come apart at the seams but they made it 6-7 years so thats not bad. I probably wear my kuiu gaiters the most these days.