Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Binocular tripod adapters

Re: Binocular tripod adapters

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Quick Google doesn't show it available in Canada. Did you order from USA? How much they ding you in total to get it here?

Seems to be a popular one for sure, but seems the stud is sold separately? Some reviews are complaining about that.
    I want to say it was $130 CAD to my door including the stud but that was a couple years ago. I'd have to check.

Its definitely an expensive option but it's the best on the market in my opinion.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine Hunter View Post
    I also have the Outdoorsman’s stud on my EL’s with their bino adapter and a VA-5 pan head. I am very happy with how it works. I was a bit apprehensive about sending my binos to Arizona to have the stud installed, but it was a very simple and fast process.
    The ELs don't have a removable cap on the front with a thread for the adapter???

Unfortunately not. The front hinge pin must be removed. Then a new one with a stud is pressed in. As long as Outdoorsman’s does this it does not affect the Swarovski warranty.

Staoptics universal tripod adaptor. 25 bucks on Amazon. I have too. Rock solid. Best deal you’ll ever find.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Staoptics universal tripod adaptor. 25 bucks on Amazon. I have too. Rock solid. Best deal you’ll ever find.
    Looks like a copy of the outdoorsman design. Have you used it long? Has it held up fine for more than a couple of seasons?

The outdoorsman has fantastic reviews all over, but it is definitely pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    I went through a lot of bino adapters and settled on the outdoorsmans as well. I had their pistol grip head as well and that thing was awesome for binos and smaller spotters, but i didnt really like it with a 65mm spotter. But cant go wrong with their adapter and stud. Need to buy the stud as per your bino and the adapter comes in short and tall.
    Seems to be the most popular one online, that's for sure. Looks like Corlanes carries them locally at about $98 plus $25ish for stud.

Not cheap, but I may splurge when I remember how annoying the $18.99 one has been last season. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Seems to be the most popular one online, that's for sure. Looks like Corlanes carries them locally at about $98 plus $25ish for stud.

Not cheap, but I may splurge when I remember how annoying the $18.99 one has been last season. Lol
    Its definitely worth the money. I leave the adapter on my tripod all the time, and then its so fast and easy to get set up.

Another vote for the outdoorsman adapter. Secure, stable, quick and easy to attach binos. Have it on a VA-5 pan head. Very happy with the combo

Last edited by ForealBoreal; 01-02-2022 at 01:15 PM.

bit pricey, but ended up ordering the Outdoorsman unit. Very nice! It will definitely work a lot better than the screw in adapter i've been using.
    I think the fact that the adapter and stud aren't bundled together is kind of lame since you can't use the adapter without the stud, but whatever.

If you haven't tried glassing with binoculars, you are missing out. There are some spots where bringing the spotter just doesn't make sense based on the lay of the land and the available glassing distances. And any time i can save lugging around an extra 4lb (or whatever it weighs) all day i'm all for it.