Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Binocular tripod adapters

Binocular tripod adapters

Hi guys,

I have a cheap tripod adapter for my binos and I'm not happy with it. It's hard to get it tight and any adjustment of the binos loosens it up and then they flop to one side or the other.

Are you using one that works? Can you give me some recommendations?

Let me know if you use the "regular" kind or quick release kind as well.

Was using my binos to do some glassing last year and find it really handy for a few spots where I don't need to carry my spotter.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Binocular tripod adapters

I have the luopold, bino unit work for me and you can just remove your binos when you like to, I know crazy spell check

I use the Zeiss universal bino adapter on an outdoorsman pistol grip head sitting on a slik 624 carbon fibre tripod.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I’m using the outdoorsman pistol grip with the Swarovski studs on my binos. Outdoorsmans products are great. Buy once cry once
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Another Outdoorsman user here, I've been happy with their bino stud's and adapters. But I've tried all of their heads (except the fluid head) and returned them. I wasn't impressed with any of them, combine that with the price and it was an easy return. Settled on the Really Right Stuff BPC-16, a fraction of the price and weight. Noticeably better build quality and stability.

I also use the outdoorsmans pistol grip, panner, and bino adapter and stud. I like it.
    the pistol grip also works with my Nikon ed50 spotter which is a plus. Anything heavier and I’d probably want a pan head.
    iv seen another bino adapter from rrs I think. It wrapped around one tub, and stayed on the binos. Looked pretty legit, if it wasn’t to heavy and fit in the harness. I hate huge bino harnesses. My one buddy basically has a backpack on his chest.

Outdoorsmans adapter hands down. Quick, easy, secure and durable. Paired with a VA-5 head and I have been quite happy.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Outdoorsmans adapter hands down. Quick, easy, secure and durable. Paired with a VA-5 head and I have been quite happy.
    Quick Google doesn't show it available in Canada. Did you order from USA? How much they ding you in total to get it here?

Seems to be a popular one for sure, but seems the stud is sold separately? Some reviews are complaining about that.

I went through a lot of bino adapters and settled on the outdoorsmans as well. I had their pistol grip head as well and that thing was awesome for binos and smaller spotters, but i didnt really like it with a 65mm spotter. But cant go wrong with their adapter and stud. Need to buy the stud as per your bino and the adapter comes in short and tall.

I also have the Outdoorsman’s stud on my EL’s with their bino adapter and a VA-5 pan head. I am very happy with how it works. I was a bit apprehensive about sending my binos to Arizona to have the stud installed, but it was a very simple and fast process.