Thread: 25 to 35 too much wind for ducks?

25 to 35 too much wind for ducks?

It's going to be blowing 25 to 35 tomorrow mornng.

Does that agitate ducks on flooded fields and get them flying or do they sit tight?

Friday the wind is forecast to start out at 10 to 20, then increase to 25 to 35.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 25 to 35 too much wind for ducks?

depends on the pond. The more likely scenario is that it will drive birds off the ocean and they will be looking for fields to land in.

They will fly and hopefully you will know how to shoot with the wind as well

They didn't decoy at all for the whole morning. A small flight just happened to fly over before ihad the dekes out and I had my earplugs in and gun loaded so I got one and jumped another out of a ditch later.

They were flying, leaving spots andmoving around a couple fields over.

Find a place you have access to where there is shelter from the winds and the birds can feed. I remember having some very good shoots on really windy, rough days. Just gotta set up in the right spot.

My buddy was in the bay today and limited out. And according to the Abbotsford airport it was

WIND170 TRUE @ 15 KNOTSGUSTS20 KNOTS

The good thing about wind it drives the birds lower and moves them around ,if you have a place in a wind thats the time to be there

I went out with same buddy yesterday in same spot. Zero wind. Definite different result. He got 1 and I got 1 and a third buddy got 3. Not much action. Nice day, no wind, no rain, partially overcast. Scattered mallard singles and doubles chancing it across the foreshore. Only ducks that were actually decoying were teal. Thank god for teal!