Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinder

Rangefinder

Well need to grab another rangefinder. My old one broke and looking at up grading. Had an old Bushnell one bought from crappy tire many years ago. Always did the job. Looking for suggestions on what to get and what every one is using, pros and cons. Leaning towards a vortex ranger 1800, but open to suggestions and feedback. Thanks and happy holidays

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rangefinder

I like a red led display for low light conditions. I got the Leupold RXi1600 and absolutely love it. Ranges fast, has great glass.

Buy a Leica, never buy another,,best ones Ive ever used, my old 1200 still reads to 1300 on hair, dropped it off the roof of my tuck, ran over it, never an issue

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    Buy a Leica, never buy another,,best ones Ive ever used, my old 1200 still reads to 1300 on hair, dropped it off the roof of my tuck, ran over it, never an issue
    This is true. Leica by far makes one of if not the best range finders in my opinion.

If you don't have that budget then the vortex you listed will do the job just fine.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Get a vortex. I’m not a vortex fan boy but since it’s an electronic device, it will break and they still have the lifetime warranty. Most of the other brands only have a 1 year warranty on the electronics. I used to have the vortex 1500 I bought used. Then I broke it and they sent me a brand new 1800 free under warranty since the 1500 was discontinued.

I had a Leica for a few years and then had an issue with it. Sent it in to their repair depot and it would have cost me $400.00 to fix. Bought a Vortex 1500 and it is working fine. Like KBC said there warranty is amassing if you need it.

Invest in a pair of range finder binoculars. You won't regret it!

Depends on your budget and how often you plan on using it. Leica would be my first choice but I can't justify the cost for my use. I went with Sig Sauer which have a very good reputation and are reliable. I wouldn't recommend the cheaper ones

Ranger 1000 is decent and has that vortex warranty I like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
    Invest in a pair of range finder binoculars. You won't regret it!

Not fun for bowhunting. I got the Sig 3000 binos but still carry my leupold rangefinder when I have my bow.
    Just a conspiracy bro!