Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'Heavier Optics saves you walking' .... Do they? (sheep/goat)

Re: 'Heavier Optics saves you walking' .... Do they? (sheep/goat)

Another improvement for me in going from a 663 Prominar to the 773 Prominar was the focus knob. The 773 has a dual focus with fine and coarse focus adjustment. Guys that have tried my Kowa have preferred the Kowa focus system over their Swarovski. They claimed more scope movement when trying to rotate the Swaro focus ring.

I’ll start with, everybody’s eyes are different. I switched to a Vortex Razer HD 16-48x65 when they came out. I’ve looked through many different scopes and can appreciate the quality out there amongst the brands. I’m always trying to stay light and don’t think I’ll venture past a 65mm which has worked for me for close to 40 years since my first Tasco 20-60. The only thing I can say is, find what works for your eyes and be confident with that purchase. I’ve met guys who have spent too little, to ones who mortgaged the house on optics. There needs to be a balance for what works for you, unless you have never ending funds. Try them all out, your eyes will let you know which ones they are happiest with.

https://youtu.be/nD1xj8V4EcE
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    Another improvement for me in going from a 663 Prominar to the 773 Prominar was the focus knob. The 773 has a dual focus with fine and coarse focus adjustment. Guys that have tried my Kowa have preferred the Kowa focus system over their Swarovski. They claimed more scope movement when trying to rotate the Swaro focus ring.
    I agree with you regarding the focus knob. I guess you could shift the mount position on the tripod to get a better balance but I definitely found focusing with the barrel on the swaro to really shake the image.

773 is very nice. will get the job done.