Thread: Predator hunting..

Predator hunting..

Hey...

If there is anyone interested in doing some wolf/coyote/cougar hunting this winter, send me a PM for "details".

I haven't spent much time with it (although I got a coyote this fall), but am really looking to get into it more.

If you don't know where I have a place....well....that's what a PM is for.

M.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Predator hunting..

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Hey...

If there is anyone interested in doing some wolf/coyote/cougar hunting this winter, send me a PM for "details".

I haven't spent much time with it (although I got a coyote this fall), but am really looking to get into it more.

If you don't know where I have a place....well....that's what a PM is for.

M.

Hey Martin, I would be interested to give it a go.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Good luck, wish I could help but wolves are smarter than we are. I probably spend more time in the bush than most on here. I've seen some and cougars but you rarely have time to even stop the truck before they're gone. Good trappers know how.

I almost got one this year as it was crossing the Muskwa. A couple seconds sooner and it would of been boat bait.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Hmm you have sled?

How you hunt them call bait..

If you sled around through ungulate winter range you make better trail for predators. I like your idea just asking.

22-250 gets pulled out on the 11th... can go any direction from town for predators. I know I'll be out... well I'll be out targeting lynx while ice fishing this year.

Can go any direction for wolves and yotes.

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Good luck, wish I could help but wolves are smarter than we are. I probably spend more time in the bush than most on here. I've seen some and cougars but you rarely have time to even stop the truck before they're gone. Good trappers know how.
    Thanks. Not looking for "help" really, just seeing if there's anyone out there looking to get into it and maybe share some info and time in the field so to speak.

Saw a number of wolves when I worked and lived up north, but never had an opportunity to take a shot. Agreed they are smart as hell..

Cheers

New hunter here, looking for any intel on predator hunting MU 2-12 (Powell River) Looking for info on Wolf, Coyote, Bobcat etc.

Regards

FTN