Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf and Coyote Predator Management Solutions Discussion

Re: KEHA Wolf and Coyote Predator Management Solution (Region 4)

I would not doubt that Kelly Carson will have taken a screen shot of this and informed all other anti organizations. We think that they are not infiltrated this site? Wrong, she is a member of this site and so she is taking information and pictures from this site to post in other anti sites.

You guys are a bunch of cowards. Imagine caring what a bunch of hippies who have never even seen a wolf think, let alone being afraid of them. I'd be willing to bet that all these guys complaining and saying that this is a bad idea have never shot a wolf in their lives. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp mule View Post
    I would not doubt that Kelly Carson will have taken a screen shot of this and informed all other anti organizations. We think that they are not infiltrated this site? Wrong, she is a member of this site and so she is taking information and pictures from this site to post in other anti sites.
    Provide me a nick name or IP address and she wont be. There are NO members on here that don't have a legitimate IP address.
    It is sad that whats needed can't be done out in the open without fear of backlash. But I don't have a reason to close this thread at this point.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbear View Post
    You guys are a bunch of cowards. Imagine caring what a bunch of hippies who have never even seen a wolf think, let alone being afraid of them. I'd be willing to bet that all these guys complaining and saying that this is a bad idea have never shot a wolf in their lives. Prove me wrong.
    Your heart is in the right place. Good luck to you.
    I just hope that you and the other goons who think these publicly advertised derbies are a good idea don’t **** things up for the rest of us.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Who gives a shit? They have no data to back up their fraudulent claims, they only whine and complain and take money from bleeding heart PETA members. I'm sure they will use this as a drive to get more money from stupid people.

you going to not go hunting because some uninformed hippies are mad at you?
    I doubt anyone gives a shit what “hippies” think of them and I agree that they are uniformed but the “war” on hunting is fought with public perception. The antis aren’t “hippies” they’re lawyers and well educated Canadians like you and I and need to be taken seriously. There’s just over 5,000,000 people living in BC. In 2020 the hunter numbers were 107,000. Now there probably about the same number of anti hunters as there are hunters to that I don’t have any statistics. This battle is waged and won in the hearts of the general public who are indifferent and uneducated about hunting. The average person isn’t going to enter the conversation until they are provoked/invited. Raincoast and the other animal rights groups trying to take our privilege away are great at inviting this demographic of people who are not in the fight and pulling them to their side of the proverbial fence. They have the easy sell in my opinion. It’s much easier to sell saving an animals life than taking an animals life. Now everyone here knows that that doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of what’s happening in the woods each and everytime we go out hunting, be it predators or ungulates or any type of game bird. We as hunters need to think of ourselves as more of a family than a community and cut this 2 sides of the coin arguing. We all want the same thing and even if we don’t like it we have to play the game according to the publics rules because they don’t understand our language. Secondly we as a family need to really step up in educating people on what we really are doing and step up when we are called upon. Take the “Act Now” campaign the WSSBC gathered 50,000 letters. Now I can’t find the post but I believe raincoast brought 300,000 letters not long after. Again we all need to stand together and play the game and educate the public of what we do and encourage our friends and family who understand what we are doing to take action instead of standing silent. Hunting is a privilege, not a right and it can be taken away should the public see fit.
    Believe me when I say it kills me to say that.

Interesting direction this thread has taken. A sign of the times, self censoring. If there is no other voice than the antis then the general public will think that is the norm. My position is never self censor, don't do their work for them. But do have a solid well thought out message specifically on political subjects and understand where the opposition is going to attack and have a response ready.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

Quote Originally Posted by CAC View Post
    Interesting direction this thread has taken. A sign of the times, self censoring. If there is no other voice than the antis then the general public will think that is the norm. My position is never self censor, don't do their work for them. But do have a solid well thought out message specifically on political subjects and understand where the opposition is going to attack and have a response ready.
    Or dont give them something to attack.

Kind of goes against my point "If there is no other voice than the antis then the general public will think that is the norm.". When you don't speak or express an opposing idea then you are letting the Overton window shift.
    Christopher Hitchens: "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
    Jonathan Swift: “It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”

Hunterbear:

You're new, I get it. Let me lay it out nice and slow for you.

What you're trying to do isn't going to accomplish what you think it will.

The potentially negative consequences are real.

A lot of guys on this forum could write a thousand page explanation of how many ways you're on the wrong track, but we don't need to. One example will do the trick.

The grizzly bear hunt was politicized on a completely unscientific basis. Anti-hunting and pro-animal rights activists from around the globe signed online petitions and donated to groups here in BC that lobbied all parties in government to ban the hunt. The politicians sniffed the wind and all of them agreed that the hunt had to go. All they needed to do was determine who'd be in power when they banned the hunt and how far they'd go.

I spoke with an NDP operative at the time and explained, heatedly, that the science proved that the grizzly hunt was sustainable. Guess what he told me?

Nothing about how ranchers or farmers are knowledgeable about stuff.

Nothing about how hunters are all cowards.

Nothing about how hippies are dumb shits.

Nothing like that.

He told me "Yeah, I get it. The science says we *can* hunt grizzlies, but the science doesn't say we *have* to hunt grizzlies, so, since the dumb shit hippies have outmanoeuvred you really smart and knowledgeable hunters, all of the decision makers in this province have done the math and concluded that you hunters are going to be the ones taking one for the team. We're banning the G-bear hunt. Go cry somewhere else."

You can beat the drum all day long about who's smart, who's stupid, and who's a chickenshit. That doesn't move the needle one iota.

But if you give someone like Rebeka Breder ammunition that she can use (and you're in the midst of doing that) she'll take it to court. She's done that before, and she's been effective. Whether you like or respect her position is irrelevant - your opinion (sorry to break this to you) doesn't really matter much.

Rebeka Breder's opinion? It matters. She's smart, she's motivated, and when she hits she's demonstrated that she leaves a mark.

She is merely one example.

We are effective against her and people who think like her when we get them in public and present them with facts. That's the place where we want to give them lots and lots of oxygen.

We are not effective against her and people who think like her when we promote things like this contest.

Again, you don't need to like what I just told you, but that's how this world works.

Remember Rinella's observation: hunters may all be in the same boat, but we've got some hunters chopping holes in the boat. Right now we've got a bunch of guys on this forum looking at you asking "Why are you chopping holes in the boat?" and you're replying "What? You afraid of some stupid hippies?"

Remember what the Gambler said: If you're gonna play the game, boy, you gotta learn to play it right.

So wake the **** up, ok?
    Last edited by Rob Chipman; 12-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

You could flip that comment on it's head as well.

Remember Rinella's observation: hunters may all be in the same boat, but we've got some hunters chopping holes in the boat. Right now we've got a bunch of guys on this forum looking at you asking "Why are you chopping holes in the boat?" and you're replying "We're afraid of some stupid hippies!"

You do have some good insight to the
    politics, but I don't think we are talking about the same thing there.

To doesn't seem to be a mountain issue, but a mole hill issue. Do we worry about fishing derbies?

I don't think the answer is try to hide under the radar as long as you can and go out with less than a whimper.

This thread has deviated into a broader topic than the OP intended I suspect. A good conversation for sure, but perhaps should be moved to it's own thread?
    Last edited by CAC; 12-08-2021 at 12:07 PM.