Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf and Coyote Predator Management Solutions Discussion

Re: KEHA Wolf and Coyote Predator Management Solution (Region 4)

Well congrats guys, Raincoast has gotten wind of this contest

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Well congrats guys, Raincoast has gotten wind of this contest

Who gives a shit? They have no data to back up their fraudulent claims, they only whine and complain and take money from bleeding heart PETA members. I'm sure they will use this as a drive to get more money from stupid people.

Are you going to not go hunting because some uninformed hippies are mad at you?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbear View Post
    Who gives a shit? They have no data to back up their fraudulent claims, they only whine and complain and take money from bleeding heart PETA members. I'm sure they will use this as a drive to get more money from stupid people.

Are you going to not go hunting because some uninformed hippies are mad at you?
    I give a shit. I’d rather not give them more material to use as fundraising material.

I highly doubt these predator hunting competitions do much, if anything, to motivate hunters who would otherwise not predator hunt to do so.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    I give a shit. I’d rather not give them more material to use as fundraising material.

I highly doubt these predator hunting competitions do much, if anything, to motivate hunters who would otherwise not predator hunt to do so.
    I do as well and dont think this does the hunting community any good.
    One thing i find weird and may not be the case here is that when some one like the OP puts something like this up and has such a low post count
    people are usally jumping all over them. You no like there trying to get hunters to make them selves look worse. Again this may not be the case
    here but just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post

I would never have gotten off my ass if not for it. Every guy I talk to says they know they should, but don't want to because you can't eat wolf. What's missing is motivation, same with every deer hunter I talk to. Nobody wants to spend their time in the winter out there shooting wolves, they just wanna punch their deer tag in the fall and forget about the problem. Blame raincoast, blame suzuki, and silently watch the ungulates get decimated.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    I do as well and dont think this does the hunting community any good.
    One thing i find weird and may not be the case here is that when some one like the OP puts something like this up and has such a low post count
    people are usally jumping all over them. You no like there trying to get hunters to make them selves look worse. Again this may not be the case
    here but just a thought.
    Nope, some people here do a good enough job on their own of making hunting look bad they don't need me. I'm a newer hunter in BC (two seasons) so I came here looking for advice. After seeing the predator competition on facebook it made me decide I wanna actually get out this year and do my part. I post about it here and instantly I get shit on for trying to promote what most hunters know is a much needed conservation effort. I watched Steve Isdahl's video about the relationship between logging, snowmobile trails, and wolf predation of ungulates. That was part of what interested me in predator hunting in the first place because I feel it's my duty as a hunter and conservationist to hold my nose and shoot some dogs even though the idea isn't super palatable. Here is a link to the aforementioned video it's one of the best explanations I have ever heard of the ungulate/canine problem, its causes, and what is needed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqIFPxzBn4

You wanna kill hunting? Step 1: Cuck to the politically correct crowd, let them keep you from publicly telling the truth that is needed to save our beautiful game animals. Cut out your own tongue to appease people who openly hate you and hate the tradition of hunting. Step 2: Shit on any young person who shows an interest in action oriented conservation solutions.

I have more respect for raincoast than I do for do-nothing complainers who discourage predator control because they are afraid of being called names. At least raincoast gets paid to let wolves destroy our ungulate populations, you lot seem happy to do it for free.

Dumb idea, dumb post. Just get out and do it. No need for unwanted publicity. Some will never learn

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbear View Post
    I would never have gotten off my ass if not for it. Every guy I talk to says they know they should, but don't want to because you can't eat wolf. What's missing is motivation, same with every deer hunter I talk to. Nobody wants to spend their time in the winter out there shooting wolves, they just wanna punch their deer tag in the fall and forget about the problem. Blame raincoast, blame suzuki, and silently watch the ungulates get decimated.

Nope, some people here do a good enough job on their own of making hunting look bad they don't need me. I'm a newer hunter in BC (two seasons) so I came here looking for advice. After seeing the predator competition on facebook it made me decide I wanna actually get out this year and do my part. I post about it here and instantly I get shit on for trying to promote what most hunters know is a much needed conservation effort. I watched Steve Isdahl's video about the relationship between logging, snowmobile trails, and wolf predation of ungulates. That was part of what interested me in predator hunting in the first place because I feel it's my duty as a hunter and conservationist to hold my nose and shoot some dogs even though the idea isn't super palatable. Here is a link to the aforementioned video it's one of the best explanations I have ever heard of the ungulate/canine problem, its causes, and what is needed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqIFPxzBn4

You wanna kill hunting? Step 1: Cuck to the politically correct crowd, let them keep you from publicly telling the truth that is needed to save our beautiful game animals. Cut out your own tongue to appease people who openly hate you and hate the tradition of hunting. Step 2: Shit on any young person who shows an interest in action oriented conservation solutions.

I have more respect for raincoast than I do for do-nothing complainers who discourage predator control because they are afraid of being called names. At least raincoast gets paid to let wolves destroy our ungulate populations, you lot seem happy to do it for free.
    Woah now. Who’s shit on you in this thread? I went back and re-read each post and don’t see anyone taking digs at you - the idea of a predator competition on the other hand… Friendly advice: you think you’ve been shit on, perhaps internet forums aren’t the place for you. (Save for the one above my post that said the post is dumb…)

Some of us have seen this movie before, it ends in bad publicity for the hunting crowd and bolstered support for Raincoast. Period.
    We have ample season to go out and get coyotes, wolves, cougars, and bears (all are problematic for ungulates - their impact was summarized in the Region 5 closure thread), rocking the boat is only going to get things shut down sooner.
    If you want to effect change in a positive way, gather a group of five buddies, buy a couple cases of beer or a bottle of the preferred poison, and say first guy back here with a wolf or three coyotes gets to take the spoils home. You’d do far more and you’d avoid the bad press.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

^^^this exactly…like it or not managing social perception is everything these days.
    Last edited by northof49; 12-05-2021 at 10:24 AM.

New hunter here, looking for any intel on predator hunting MU 2-12 (Powell River) Looking for info on Wolf, Coyote, Bobcat etc.

Regards

FTN

Quote Originally Posted by XxFTNxX View Post
    New hunter here, looking for any intel on predator hunting MU 2-12 (Powell River) Looking for info on Wolf, Coyote, Bobcat etc.

Regards

FTN
    If you don’t have one already, buy a predator call.

Generically:
    Hit the local FSR and look for tracks wolf tracks. Set yourself up in a blind and call near where when you found the tracks.
    If you know an area that typically holds deer/elk, start looking there. Chances are you’ll see predator tracks (based on my experiences with wolves in region 3).