Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Questionnaire

Hunting Questionnaire

Why is the questionnaire not for all species? Or at least
    specifically what tags you purchased?

Supposedly moose are a big concern as of late but no request for data for myself.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Questionnaire

Until all are required to report, how is it remotely possible for sound management.
    This government wildlife management is a complete joke.
    Oh the new TOGETHER FOR WILDLIFE really works now doesn't it.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

BC hunters are about 2% of the province. And the other 98% don’t care. And half of them live in the western half of the lower waste land, ruffly 00.05% of the land in the province.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

its job security for the office staff. as well as the paper shredder company. could be wrong, wish i am. but.......

The questionnaire does provide valuable information to our regional biologists. You're not doing anyone a favour by not answering it accurately.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

It would be smarter as a whole if the questionnaire also asked what animals you saw as well and where. That way they could get an actual accurate picture of animal populations. And it would ensure the employment of all the data pushers. I find that I see a lot more animals than I can kill. I tried the moose tracker application on the phone but it was a complete joke.

We know, collecting the information online is much more efficient than the paper-based reporting system. In part, the sooner hunters adapt and do it online, the more flexibility there is in what data we collect. Linking the "hunt & harvest" reporting (questionnaire) to the purchase of your next years license is in line with a science-based approach. As a start, by making sure the information is in fact collected. An online hunt and harvest report allows other data about one's hunt to be collected. IE the start of citizen science. Accuracy in reporting without compromising someone's hunting location is important.

Could be in our future.

My questioner is based on the tags I bought. Nothing less or more

Very rarely does my questionnaire list all species that I bought tags for, usually just get asked about 2 or 3 which seems odd.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

It makes no sense if all shooters/hunters don't report the kills.
    And we know that won't happen. Tough watching 5 cow moose get hauled away by FN in the back of pickups one year.
    CO came out and picked up empty cases on the road saying it was shot illegally but wouldn't go to court because the Prosecutor would toss it first(non winner).
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"