Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Re: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Nice buck, Todd!
    Same to Redthies
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Good stuff Mark, you were a huffin and a puffin in the vid you sent!! Looking for a scope like that one myself!! Your a beast man!! Good way to cap off the ungulate hunting season!! Now predators!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

great work to get that buck...love that big loop lever...it will be nice to have that wt meat in the freezer this winter...very nice to see the young one having fun helping out...

What a great little hunting story! Good stuff! I like your gun

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I like that! Especially being a Mennonite, and owning multiple “machine guns”! I knew there was a reason I was a levergun addict!

I used my Marlin to pop a spike blacktail with only two days left in the season...

Right on. I'm a fan of the MMG too I've had a bunch of Marlins, down to two now an old 30-30 and the other a 375 winchester.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Great write-up and good share with the bonus pics and vids. Thanks for posting it up and CONGRATS. Sure came down to the wire. Persistence pays off!

Congrats. Nice buck. Looks like the young one is having a good time.
    How did you get that effect in your beer shot? What kind of editor do you use for that?
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Nice buck Mark. You've had a pretty good season this year, must be sitting on a pretty full freezer.
    Member of the CCFR, but not a "Violent Extremist"

thanks guys, freezer is indeed full!

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    How do you like the scout set up? I’m happy to see you take one with .44 as I’m always worried I will see something at 100+ yards and wish I had more velocity.
    I really like the Leupold 2.5x scout scope, have another for my Ruger scout 223 & 308 rifles in QD rings so it can be shuffled around where needed. They now only make a Vx Freedom 1.5-4x28, which should work well too.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Good stuff Mark, you were a huffin and a puffin in the vid you sent!! Looking for a scope like that one myself!! Your a beast man!! Good way to cap off the ungulate hunting season!! Now predators!! Moosin
    haha! as soon as I got back to the truck I had to get a few butter tarts in me!

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Congrats. Nice buck. Looks like the young one is having a good time.
    How did you get that effect in your beer shot? What kind of editor do you use for that?
    It's cartoon mode on the iPhone. When you take a picture during a text conversation, click Effects and it's in the filters. They're kinda fun, and they also piss off Gatehouse!

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Great buck !! Congratulations. Last day sweetness !