Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Re: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Congrats on a most impressive close to the season Mark, .44 Mag at 100 yds through the brush with your lever baby is a most cool way to close it out with a real nice WT!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Great last day buck Mark!!

Congrats and nice shooting! Was it a pass through or the bullet still in the deer? Curious to know the damage done by a large slow moving bullet?

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    thanks guys, freezer is indeed full!

I really like the Leupold 2.5x scout scope, have another for my Ruger scout 223 & 308 rifles in QD rings so it can be shuffled around where needed. They now only make a Vx Freedom 1.5-4x28, which should work well too.

haha! as soon as I got back to the truck I had to get a few butter tarts in me!

It's cartoon mode on the iPhone. When you take a picture during a text conversation, click Effects and it's in the filters. They're kinda fun, and they also piss off Gatehouse!

That cartoon mode is possibly the coolest thing ever on the iPhone! I’m gonna piss some people off with that FOR SURE!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I like that! Especially being a Mennonite, and owning multiple “machine guns”! I knew there was a reason I was a levergun addict!

I used my Marlin to pop a spike blacktail with only two days left in the season...

Ha! Mennonite machine gun. Guess that explains why I regret selling mine…

Congrats Mark, way to git’er done.
    Pretend hunter.

Congrats on the last day buck! Thanks for sharing the pics, story and videos.
    Alpine Addict
    Big Buck Enthusiast
    Sick with the Sheep Bug
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    @hunter.cr

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Great last day buck Mark!!

Congrats and nice shooting! Was it a pass through or the bullet still in the deer? Curious to know the damage done by a large slow moving bullet?

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Ken. The bullet did exit, I will take some pics of the holes when I butcher it on Sunday. It smacked a rib on entry, broke the spine and the exit hole in the far side is about 3/4" in diameter. Lungs were definitely banged up a bit! We ate the heart that night, was delicious. My son even ate some of the liver, he's braver than me! I had a bit, tastes about the same as I remember!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest the Land View Post
    Gotcha - well that makes your harvest even more impressive. Thought whitetail numbers were expanding in most of the province, but with those grim statistics apparently they haven't invaded Vanderhoof yet.

Congrats on one hell of a buck
    vanderhoof has a really good deer population just gotta know where to go. pretty uncommon to not see 20+ deer a night in the right areas

Spotlighting on farm fields maybe haha
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Good hunt story
    still trying to dump something with a 240 gr .44 cast, glad to see how yours shot worked
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Thanks Ken. The bullet did exit, I will take some pics of the holes when I butcher it on Sunday. It smacked a rib on entry, broke the spine and the exit hole in the far side is about 3/4" in diameter. Lungs were definitely banged up a bit! We ate the heart that night, was delicious. My son even ate some of the liver, he's braver than me! I had a bit, tastes about the same as I remember!
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole