Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Re: 2021 Whitetail last day buck

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Spotlighting on farm fields maybe haha
    hahah no need to spotlight. but yes knowing a few people who has farms is a plus.
    towards clukus is where id be going . back behind the airport use to not be bad but obviously i little busy

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Was it a pass through or the bullet still in the deer? Curious to know the damage done by a large slow moving bullet?
    here's a pic of the entry hole after I removed the front leg. I did find a little shard of bullet jacket in the exit hole

On a more appetizing note, have lots of nice grind for some sausage

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

nice buck way to go

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    here's a pic of the entry hole after I removed the front leg. I did find a little shard of bullet jacket in the exit hole

On a more appetizing note, have lots of nice grind for some sausage

Tis but a scratch .... next year 458Win mag with 500 grain soft points please!

Some damage even for a slower moving bullet!

Compared to say a faster 270, 7-08 etc. same, more or less blood shot damage?

I am looking at going back to my old 30-30 170 round nose for deer and it has been so long since I used it that I don't remember the damage inside 100 yards.

Not meaning to take away from your post, just curious.

Thanks Mark!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I'd say less than a high velocity cartridge. If the bullet hit a few inches lower and didn't hit the spine I think the bloodshot would be much less. On the exit side the damage was minimal. I'll continue to use the rifle in certain situations where reaching out is not needed. Your 30-30 will work great!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

i shot my whitetail with my 270 and it did massive damage,in the future i am going to use a 30 30 on future hunts in the thicker bush

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    i shot my whitetail with my 270 and it did massive damage,in the future i am going to use a 30 30 on future hunts in the thicker bush
    I went from a .45-70 to a .30-30 last year for close range. I’m also shooting Barnes TSX. Super pleased with how it worked out. Meat Los was virtually nil, which was my goal. Last year my hunting partner shot two blacktail with his .30-06. Meat loss was unreal.

This years result from .30-30 with the “gnar” on the shop towel. The TSXs are literally “eat up to the hole” type ammo. As with anything, shot placement is important.

Last edited by Redthies; 12-09-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thanks for the share TB, the youngun is definitely getting his life lessons, congrats.

Re: 2021 Whitetail

Nice buck!!
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.