Thread: Looking for hunting mentor

Smile Looking for hunting mentor

Hey guys,

I’m relatively new to hunting and just moved to kelowna in September for uni. I’m borrowing my dads x-bow for the season, however haven’t had too much luck so far. Was out this morning for whitetail up bear creek but only saw some muleys. Nice 4 point buck too would have been nice a month ago…

Anyways Im pretty clueless when it comes to bow hunting and even hunting in general. I shot a little buck last year and a LEH elk on the Sunshine Coast but found both by just driving around and with a gun. I’m hoping to more move towards hiking, glassing, stalking, waiting, etc. but have no idea where to start. Hoping to get either a whitetail buck or doe for bow season this December.

Would anyone be willing to share some tips or just general areas where whitetail could be? I would be happy to have coffee and chat (I’ll buy haha) or if there’s anyone near kelowna that would be willing to let me tag along a hung even just to learn that would be amazing

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for hunting mentor

east side of the lake for whitetails

I’m not from around there so I don’t have any real hard tips for the area, but I have met some good guys that are affiliated with the local chapter of BCBHA. I sat in on one of their monthly meetings. It was good. I’m sure you could find some guys to hunt with around there. I think BHA even has a chapter connected with the university.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    east side of the lake for whitetails
    Exactly. Head up towards a Big Whiteout and beyond. Nothing but mule deer (95%) on the Westbank side of the lake.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Kettle Valley.