Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartridge carrier question

Re: Cartridge carrier question

Have a look at these on Amazon, they might work for you.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Edwards+D...ref=nb_sb_noss

Can't find the ones that I have used for years, made by Edwards Day Canada Model 701 and they hold 10 cartridges in a belt pouch. The thing is that you can't leave the cartridges in the holder for weeks on end as the leather treatment seems to corrode the brass.

Edit:
    Found the closest to these at: https://www.huntercompany.com/collec...tridge-carrier

Hunter Company seems to make them now...
    Last edited by BimmerBob; 11-29-2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Added info
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

how many extra rounds do some of you guys carry with you? Personally I might have two extra in my pocket aside from what's in the rifle. and maybe a couple more floating in a backpack if I'm carrying one. I'm pretty sure that I've never fired more than 3 times at something.

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
    how many extra rounds do some of you guys carry with you? Personally I might have two extra in my pocket aside from what's in the rifle. and maybe a couple more floating in a backpack if I'm carrying one. I'm pretty sure that I've never fired more than 3 times at something.
    It really depends on where I am and what I’m doing. The main reason I do things is so I don’t forget things. I leave my rifle mags in my middle console of my truck, my belt has some bare essentials on it and my daybag has the minimums to take care of an emergency. So I know if I have these few things than I’m setup for some success if things go sideways. If I grabbed a few shells here and there than I’d have a few shells in every coat I own. Lol. Usually when I go hinting it isn’t driving around in the truck for the afternoon, I’m usually a long ways from home for several days. It’s important not o forget stuff
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I have a couple well made leather ammo carriers similar to these, but they hold 20 rounds each.
    https://www.amazon.com/DeSantis-2X2X...s&sr=1-26&th=1
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I like the nylon ones, because when the leather ones get moist the cartridges seem to grow green corrosion in them.

Sounds like you need a fully loaded utility belt
    I prefer everything in a small daypack, grab and go

Spare ammo consists of an extra mag though most times the spare is empty so I can switch it out for the loaded one back at the truck
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

for my 30-06, I usually have some 180's some 165s and some 150s with me in case I want to target big and small animals or do some sighting in...I have 10 wrapped up in my survival kit. but when travelling light, I would have 5 in the gun and 5 in a little miniglove in my ammo pocket so they don't rattle....(plus the 10 in my survival kit)...with modern radios the need to blast off emergency shots might make me rethink the extra 10 in the kit...

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    for my 30-06, I usually have some 180's some 165s and some 150s with me in case I want to target big and small animals or do some sighting in...I have 10 wrapped up in my survival kit. but when travelling light, I would have 5 in the gun and 5 in a little miniglove in my ammo pocket so they don't rattle....(plus the 10 in my survival kit)...with modern radios the need to blast off emergency shots might make me rethink the extra 10 in the kit...
    Just a question WFO, would the 180's hit at a different place compared to the 150's and 165's? Myself, my rife is 300win mag and when hunting by myself I carry 4 in the rifle and 4 rapped up in ass wipe in a pocket, I like the duel purpose of the ass wipe , 1 for emergency ass wiping and 1 for keeping the spares quiet.

I prefer the nylon pouches. For a day hunt I carry 4 rounds in the rifle and 6 in the pouch which I now carry in the day pack, no longer on my belt. I never liked the ones on the rifle butt as I found they get in the way, but mainly add weight to the rifle unnecessarily.

I have 4 in the loops on my sling. Sometimes another 5 electrical taped together in my pack. Use plenty of tape, then after I've replaced one in the mag, I can also re-tape the barrel.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.