Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Stone Sheep: one tent (shared) or two?

BC Stone Sheep: one tent (shared) or two?

Curious to have the opinions from the experienced sheep hunters.

When hunting with a partner, what camp set up have you preferred and why?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BC Stone Sheep: one tent (shared) or two?

2 person bomb proof. Make a budget...then double it and you're right where you need to be. Learned this lesson the hard way. Ran a 2 person MSR for 4 years on sheep hunts with no issues until this last year when it got absolutely shredded in a wind storm. Winter purchase is going to be the toughest tent I can find, leaning towards a hilleberg so far.

I like hilleberg or seek outside. If you are going to be 2 guys in 1 tent get a 3 man tent forsure

seek outside cimarron
    hilleberg nallo or anjan gt

I own a 1 man Hille for the reason I thought I didn't like being crowded in a 2 man tent with a buddy.. but after using the Hilleberg Anjan GT with some buddies this year, I'm leaning towards selling the Akto and picking up one.

That tent has tons of room and is super comfortable for 2 guys.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    2 person bomb proof. Make a budget...then double it and you're right where you need to be. Learned this lesson the hard way. Ran a 2 person MSR for 4 years on sheep hunts with no issues until this last year when it got absolutely shredded in a wind storm. Winter purchase is going to be the toughest tent I can find, leaning towards a hilleberg so far.
    Danny, were you sharing a tent with your partner? or are you just saying to get a two man tent for one person?

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I like hilleberg or seek outside. If you are going to be 2 guys in 1 tent get a 3 man tent forsure

seek outside cimarron
    hilleberg nallo or anjan gt
    I have a Cimarron Light that I use for elk and Bear hunting but I have reached out to a few pros that really believe in a smaller, lighter weight but bomb proof floored shelter.

Have you gone North with a floorless shelter and regretted it?

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    I own a 1 man Hille for the reason I thought I didn't like being crowded in a 2 man tent with a buddy.. but after using the Hilleberg Anjan GT with some buddies this year, I'm leaning towards selling the Akto and picking up one.

That tent has tons of room and is super comfortable for 2 guys.
    The hilleberg definitely seems well regarded. Not cheap but I am ok to buy once and cry once.

I have a big agnes copper spur ul2 that I bought in the fall but haven't used as I intended to use it for a sheep hunt that didn't happen. Watching some videos on youtube and early snowfalls make me think I may need something a little more burly so that my tent doesn't fail on me.

As nice as the cimarron is, it's tall and I feel that that northern wind whipping it around all night might be a miserable experience vs. a shorter and tougher free standing tent.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    Danny, were you sharing a tent with your partner? or are you just saying to get a two man tent for one person?
    I share with another guy. I'd much prefer that than being in individual tents...I also have a floorless Cimarron. I like it but would never take it on sheep hunt, you're really limited on where you can safely set it up.

perfect. thanks danny!

No problem, just trying to help a fella dodge a hard lesson learned haha