Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail cam reviews

Trail cam reviews

What are you guys using?

Im in the market, but everything I look at on cabelas has bad reviews.

My main priorities would be cost, cold weather compatible amd whatever else you guys find good about them.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trail cam reviews

I really like the Bushnell Core 4K, check out review on trailcampro website

Use Lithium AA in cold weather
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

You get what you pay for.
    I got the Stealth two pack for 149 on sale. Several pairs. Several years ago.

They are OK . Sure do miss pics though. Frustrating, you can walk right through. And at times they don't pick you up. Yet has even picked up great detail at times. I know they miss some pics but, are affordable for average guy
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

My best photos come from an old stealthcam. My best videos come from a newer stealthcam DS4K. The DS4K takes 4 extra batteries, but I have no problem getting a winter with it and an external battery in goat country. The programming with the DS4K is pretty sweet to, lots a guy can do with it

I’ve got several brand name cameras but my best and favorite one is a no name Amazon special. They’re $89 now but I think I got it for $55 last summer.
    Zopu Trail Camera 20MP 1080P No Glow Night Vision, Game Camera with 2.4" LCD 120° PIR Sensors, 0.2s Trigger Speed Motion Activated, IP66 Waterproof https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TL9ZF3T/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I run 16 cameras.

My most consistent are Browning. I run most of my cameras on video and Browning are my best cameras for that.

I do have 2 2012 Bushnells that still work great and 2 2012 Spypoint cameras that still take good pictures. I also have an Amazon camera that works good, a few older Simmons 7mp Hunters and a mix of IR and white flash Stealthcams.

One new camera I have been running is the Primos Autopilot 20 for this year. So far, not too bad. Takes good video and excellent sound. Batteries last a long time.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Do you want a good camera? Or do you want to only spend money that you don’t mind getting chewed on by a bear or have it walk away?

I’ve been running inexpensive cameras so far.
    They only take 10 second video clips…..flash distance isn’t stellar… and don’t have sound. On the plus side, triggers seem decent and battery life is very good.
    Been running mostly 12 mp tasco two packs from Can Tire…$90 for two.

Recently I thought I’d try something different. Tried the two pack of 14mp Primos on sale for $89 (Can Tire)
    Got them home. It’s the identical camera as the Tascos.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Well I was really hoping for a silver bullet here with somebody say “just buy this one and you’ll be happy”. But they all seem to be mediocre. I guess that’s why the reviews are the way they are on cabelas website.

I have one older trail cam that seems to work fine even though I don’t get many pics on it, maybe it’s where I set it up or maybe it doesn’t work very good. Lol. I did set it up in my bedroom once when I went on holidays and was quite surprised by what my house sitter was doing in my bedroom, but that’s a different story for another day.

Anyways, the wife picked up a 3 pack of stealth cams today for $150. We'll try them out and see what happens.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I stay with cheaper cameras in case they go missing. Have some old Simmons that still work perfectly. I also have an older stealth cam that works very well. Based on that I bought a couple of stealth cams from Costco. They worked excellent the first year but since then they will only take one picture. I tried several things to fix them. If I reformat the sad card it works when I set it up in the house however when I put it out it will just take one picture. Very frustrating. Start with a cheaper camera and decide if you want better pictures or video after the initial season.

I had 2 cameras many years ago when they were first coming out. I was very excited about using them and put them out on the first day of my hunt. I left them for 3 days before checking them. The first one had some pictures of a bear and the last picture was a picture of the bear with an open mouth in front of the camera. I found what was left of the camera and salvaged the card to see the pictures. The second camera had a nice picture of a bull moose walking by and then some elk. The last picture on this camera was a picture of an elk horn. I guess he wanted to play smash the camera because that was the end of that camera too. I don't know how good the protective covers are for the cameras but they would have to be made of metal, not plastic for these guys.