Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trail cam reviews

Re: Trail cam reviews

What do you guys use for a security box?

Quote Originally Posted by walker1985 View Post
    What do you guys use for a security box?
    I make my own.

Last edited by bcsteve; 01-17-2022 at 10:09 AM.

I have about a dozen trail cams now that still work. I have a couple cheap amazon and have put my much better ones beside them a few times. No comparison in the 2. The cheap amazon are terrible compared to both my Ridgetec and Bushnell. A couple of my Ridgetec are about 6 years old and 4 of my Bushnell are about 3 years old and I also have a couple of the newer Bushnell 4K and they are amazing. I can't believe how many animals I missed with the amazon and Spypoint ones. A few of my cheap ones only lasted about 2 years so when you pay a little more they end up costing about the same long term. I have places that I leave them out all year so I get lots of great pictures. Battery life on both the Ridgetec and the Bushnell are very good. I change my batteries twice a year just to make sure I don't miss anything.

I like my Browning cameras. They are user friendly, too many goofy things happen with other brands I have tried ( like 2500 pics of nothing!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 5.18.08 PM.jpg  

One of my rules about trial cameras, is if it cost me 50 each then Ill buy one or 2, as things go animals will eat my camera, or the camera will grow legs, so a 50 dollar camera plus memory card so around 70 each, the memory card is what im after if no camera is there, then I loose both camera and memory card, I do have one cell camera that sends texts to my phone so this one cost me 300 plus the memory card, but I do like the texts cameras so thats what im going with now