Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moose neck ?

Re: Moose neck ?

Another vote for the better than bouillon jars. It’s a kitchen staple, I like the beef and chicken ones. Also very handy for whipping up a quick gravy. Yum

i recently seared and braised a lamb neck whole, then picked it for taco meat. It was very tender. Put my last deer neck into stewing chunks, and that was good too.

Arrow Re: Moose neck ?

We put all the neck meat from any big game into sausages.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Have always done diy ground and loose sausage
    Changing things up this time, sous vide, osso buco, most lean chunks are going to cured, corned, pastrami, summer, air dried bresi? etc
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    If you don't find it'll, I'll get you a care package

I found it at Save On in 100 Mile and got the chicken and beef.
    Thanks again for the offer.
    Cheers
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    I found it at Save On in 100 Mile and got the chicken and beef.
    Thanks again for the offer.
    Cheers

Most excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    Most excellent!

Cheers
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I used to waste hours of my time trying to trim away the sinew, fat, and gristle to get a few measly pounds of burger. Now I only cut neck roasts. Hands down the most flavourful and tender roast when done right. Braised low and slow in a cast iron Dutch oven.

Same here. Used to sit and whittle for hours so the meat worked through our manual grinder
    After trying the low/slow approach, I'm sold. Makes for interesting textures and flavours, delish
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

hmm bone out entire neck..wrap into 1 roast...tie up..split tied roast into 2..into 4 mm bags...
    when used..garlic pieces into slits into roast..Susan uses some wine..base..odds n ends..browned well ..into crock pot..not overdone.
    neck has a unique blend of fats and meat..my favorite for roasts wont ever give away a moose neck roast.
    bon appetite..
    steven