Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Will R5 ever have an end to the 10 Day Closure and Concerns about it.

Re: Will R5 ever have an end to the 10 Day Closure and Concerns about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOwL View Post
    Iron Noggin: you and BCHunting are playing in a way that doesn't let Me respond to insults, blocking Me to reply with a quote: but here you have:
    I seriously recommend that you see what originated this, Livewire the "mentor" doesn't need any help to tarnish his person, he does it to himself, and in your twisted mindset you don't see the harm that Livewire is doing stealing locations from other hunters in YouTube, those hunters want to make a living and had put all effort to find their hunting locations, and the 'mentor" is advising new hunters to steal those locations, you tarnish yourself siding with this guy, who (and I am sure) came crawling to you asking for support.

And you siding with him speaks volumes of your twisted mind, despite his prejudiced and discriminatory attacks against Me I suggest that you be more selective of your words and your friends. and if you think that I am going to accept all the corrupted statements done on behalf of your boyfriend Livewire, you have that twisted mind set that you accuse of without any clue.

you have no shame trying to make something wrong appear like something good or positive, in fact borderline with ridicule, those who want to treat Me with respect are Wellcome. those who don't .. well don't come bitching.
    Don’t worry BlackOwl, I won’t block you - if I did, I’d never get an answer to my original question: do you, or do you not support capping the number of hunters in this province?
    Last edited by Livewire322; 12-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Arrow Re: Will R5 ever have an end to the 10 Day Closure and Concerns about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Don’t worry BlackOwl, I won’t block you - if I did, I’d never get an answer to my original question: do you, or do you not support capping the number of hunters in this province?
    Were he (or she?) to answer that honestly, my bet says they don't want any other hunters out there besides themselves.

Imagine, taking mentors to task?
    I do this each and every year, and have brought one hell of a passle of Young Guns into the fold, hopefully the right way.
    And that is something I will never quit.
    Regardless of the self centered drivel posted by some...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

hmm mentoring is not putting an x on a map..it is very much about HOW..and WHY...YOUR ideology on mentoring obviously brings into question if you have ever helped anyone..perhaps not..fishing..hunting is all about WHY...

i went 3 years in a row to Bella Coola river..watched..but couldnt catch a chinook salmon...warrennkls..Grandpa took the time to mentor me..the why and how..which will lead you to where..and so starts the road to learning..and success.
    im proud to carry that generosoty of ED..on to new fisherman..hunters....
    cheers
    steven

^^^^
    Its very hard to type everything that should be a discussion on this type of thread, a thread that can be a touchy subject.
    And factors are complex for sure as to why this or because of that.
    I knew that steeping in, or jumping in.

We need hunter #'s to go up, if they decline, the lifestyle will come to an end.
    We need to mentor, because many that "think about hunting", dont have anyone to show them.
    But, at the same time we are seeing wildlife declines.
    Declines inside high Pred #'s.
    Weather factors as mild winter or scorching summers and fires, all come into the equation.
    Social media.
    Poor wildlife management lead by government and some of the policy makers.
    The whole FN issue and the growing power.

I want to be supportive of any buck, and i know it is needed.
    But, some need to consider "Conservation" more than ever before.
    Bad Policies and more closures just add to the mess.
    And a lack of actually funding anything to make a difference is what makes it acutely sensitive now.

R5 manager needs a kick in the ass.
    And some need to "slow it down a bit".
    If your intent is to go into country that is/was known for decent size buck/bulls, to look for one, you will never find it if you
    all come out with dinks on a weekly basis.

I know it has been a while but I actually talked with region 3 manager when this went down. With 5 shutting down early I thought 3 should follow suit. The deal is that they have harvest numbers for the late season. The late season only accounts for 10% of total harvest. (pretty sure that was the number) so region 3 manager did not see a reason to worry and we would lose the late hunt. That number won't have changed much I am sure someone could look into it if it suited there preferences . AS WELL!!!! they have reduced mule deer bag limit to one from actually three province wide.
    If you are going to give a region shit give region 3 manager because no other region has a Late hunt. Okanogan boys can still hunt in December by a short drive and hunt the rut in 3 as well because there manager close it up early, come to think of it you should give region 8 shit as well. The region 3 and 8 and 4 regulations are not aligned with the rest of the province. Region 4 and 8 close Nov10th, region 3 Dec10th(full month longer!) Regions 5,6,7a and 7b close Nov 30th. So what is this deal about aligning seasons??? .

Think about what we stand to lose because you guys want to be able to shoot a big buck.

Alignment of region 3 with region 8 and 4 is the most likely. That is your Southern Mule plan. ​JUST SAYIN !!!
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

^^^^^Okay, I see what you are saying, and you make valid points.
    The R3 manager, I can see where he was coming from however.
    It was not an issue to have a late season in the past, for so many years.
    There wasn't that much hunting activity late in the season not many bucks taken.
    I hunted it a lot during that time frame.

Now, I can see the R3 manager never considered Wolves as an issue because a lot of these MU's did not have them back then.
    Fires are also not something that was considered.
    And the fires recently have certainly made "where you can hunt" in some of these MU's much smaller.
    One factor is the MVC and another factor is, you just don't see many deer in the big fire bowls, but rather the perimeters or
    the treed areas beside the fires, so that also condenses hunters to pressure certain pockets more.
    Like I say, its a multi issue and somewhat complex thing to just type and explain on the net.

The 2 big areas of concern where, one, the R5 closing and the sudden and large increase in hunters.
    And there are plenty of hunters from R5 coming in as well, and you never saw them before up there.

And, the Any Buck season became really popular after that, as i used to scout in October, and you might see a few folks driving
    around or hunting a cut block.
    But, this any buck season has from the sounds of it, hit a whole new level of hunting and to what extremes hunters will go.
    That is something I don't think the R3 manager could have ever of predicted.
    And ironically, I am being told there are still plenty R5 hunters in there in October, and all I can "Assume" is, they have gotten to
    know the area during the time in past years when R5 was closed as well as all the other hunters.

The other thing is, all these hunters shooting little bucks especially in the Any Buck season, don't know what the next hunter
    just took, did take or will still take.
    I think many think they are only a small handful of that seasons successful hunters.
    That's why we have managers to oversee it.

So, there are a ton of impacts to these MU's that never existed in the past.
    They all factor in.
    Many factors are ones no one could see coming.
    But, the biggest single impact that happened that resulted in hunter #'s to swell in these areas wasn't success.
    It was the closure of R5.

And for those looking for big bucks, so what.
    They aren't making a big dent in the MD pops anyways.
    Never have.
    Most of them ate tag soup often.
    How many deer I have let walk vs how many tags I have actually cut is night and day.
    I ate tag so many times where I didn't need to.
    And the same went for many other in the late season.

But certainly now, there seems to be a big shift.
    And even those like me, do find it hard to pass up the legal bucks because of all the pressure during those 10 days.

I dont know, maybe the any buck has to go to 3 pt or better.
    Then come Nov, 4pt only.
    And it would help if R5 opened again, and i think it would iron itself out.

Otherwise, the FN are going to continue on with the pressure, imo.
    And if they got their way and closed.
    Well, then Come Nov 20, I am in R5.
    The "pressure then shifts again"!!!

Closing R3 for 10 days wont be enough if you ask those Bands.
    Long time hunters say Any Buck gone would help.
    Ranchers have put up the signs now, which they so kindly tolerated the hunting in the past up there.
    For me, I am not sure which is best, but only that I felt much of this resulted from R5 closing.