Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Will R5 ever have an end to the 10 Day Closure and Concerns about it.

Re: Will R5 ever have an end to the 10 Day Closure and Concerns about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOwL View Post
    I would expect more from someone mentoring new hunters, It sounds like illegal guiding, you and your friends have reduced yourselves to the level of opportunistic parasites, losing all self respect as true and ethical hunters would have, because a true hunter develops his hunting plan exploring for himself where to hunt, you lost all notion of what is like to be a true hunter, you are cybernetic gut pile hunters. go home boy and learn yourself some self respect.
    hmm no thats not correct...no one gets there alone..everyone has had help along the road that leads to success..
    IMO true hunters mentor share help...
    you speak so harshly..i just dont believe you...nor your views.i have had hundreds of folks help shape my hunting..fishing..outdoors help...and never ever feel bad helping others new to this sport...self respect..means doing what you can to help others new to the sport..
    hmm helping others is now reduced to opportunistic parasites..losing ones self respect...
    your views sound self serving and perhaps selfish..
    Srupp

I would expect more from someone mentoring new hunters, It sounds like illegal guiding, you and your friends have reduced yourselves to the level of opportunistic parasites, losing all self respect as true and ethical hunters would have, because a true hunter develops his hunting plan exploring for himself where to hunt, you lost all notion of what is like to be a true hunter, you are cybernetic gut pile hunters. go home boy and learn yourself some self respect.
    Awww, I see your timeout did nothing to curb your temper. It seems that you didn’t take the free time you gained to improve your communication skills.

Have you anything productive to contribute to this conversation? Perhaps a note about observed predators or signs of predators in the field, increased hunter presence in areas adjacent to closed region 5 management units, etc…?
    Owls are supposed to be wise, so surely you must have something to add.
    Last edited by Livewire322; 11-30-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    FN’s won’t allow an Immy season in 5!! K
    Since when do they determine the seasons? I'd be more inclined to believe the outfitters won't support it regardless of race.

As for mentors and youtube etc,
    Its a good thing that people are taking the time to help others learn or get involved in whatever passion they are supplying.
    Fish with Rod is an example of someone trying to show people what it takes to fish in BC, be it lake/river or ocean.
    When you want to try something new, but don't know where to start, what you need and no one to ask, then it certainly is a
    life line to get info.

The underlying issue isn't youtube, its that there is so many people getting into activities, and there is such limited space
    or resource now.
    Restricted where you can fish, or restricted to when and what you you can catch.
    Its those limiting factors we are facing even in hunting, that is the real problem.

Certainly giving away areas to hunt thru landscape or mentioning a lake or river, makes it worse at times.
    My dad used to hunt the Bull Rvr, and there were hunters, mostly locals, but it was limited in the amount of folks hunting in there.
    Then an article came out (might have been in the BCWF magazine back in the day or other?), with a full write up on this persons
    adventure hunting the Bull rvr, and the very next season, my dad said it seemed like there were campers every 50 yards.
    He never went back.

Whats missing I suppose is, "how bad do you need it"?
    Do you need to fill the freezer that season, or are you there for the hunt.
    They are very different, and each individual needs to ask themselves that when they step out of the truck with rifle.
    Its okay to put one in the freezer.
    Its also okay to let it walk.
    By letting it walk, i have actually put in more hours learning to hunt, learning more about what i am hunting.
    If I was there just to tag out, I would have 1/20 the time in the field then I have now, and no where near the same amount of
    experience.

Its a personal choice.
    Either is fine to me.
    But, if its just to say you cut your tag every year, I don't see the point.
    Youtube cant teach you that.
    Conservation comes from within.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Since when do they determine the seasons? I'd be more inclined to believe the outfitters won't support it regardless of race.
    I’m gonna say you’re wrong in your belief but I’m not here to change your beliefs, I remember it well! K

That was uncalled for and I'm not even sure what the intent behind that ramble even was.
    Nothing he posted seemed wrong to me.

He's right about Instagram. He's right about people needing a helping hand.

You are out of your element

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    If you don't think the FN in region 5 determine the seasons here you are completely oblivious to what goes on here.
    The last time an Immy season was opened here the FN blocked roads, and tore up cattle guards and threatened government with hostile behaviour Guess what the Emmy season was cut short and never returned.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm no thats not correct...no one gets there alone..everyone has had help along the road that leads to success..
    IMO true hunters mentor share help...
    you speak so harshly..i just dont believe you...nor your views.i have had hundreds of folks help shape my hunting..fishing..outdoors help...and never ever feel bad helping others new to this sport...self respect..means doing what you can to help others new to the sport..
    hmm helping others is now reduced to opportunistic parasites..losing ones self respect...
    your views sound self serving and perhaps selfish..
    Srupp
    self serving is advocating in favour of a "mentor" who teaches new hunters to steal locations in YouTube from other hunters, this is selfish and this takes all the purpose of hunting of going out and explore with boots on the ground learning to hunt. this is not mentoring, this is teaching the wrong way and is not ethical for a mentor to do this.
    I would expect more from a mentor and from experienced guide, but you and livewire 322, (obviously your friend) are wrong.
    May the 4art be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    Awww, I see your timeout did nothing to curb your temper. It seems that you didn’t take the free time you gained to improve your communication skills.

Have you anything productive to contribute to this conversation? Perhaps a note about observed predators or signs of predators in the field, increased hunter presence in areas adjacent to closed region 5 management units, etc…?
    Owls are supposed to be wise, so surely you must have something to add.
    and you are think you are so smart, coming from a YouTube gut pile hunter. oops sorry "mentor" hehehe.
    May the 4art be with you

Regular hunting season and hunters are not the problem.
    after logging and fireguards building and gas exploration
    there has to be deactivated roads. Access is the big problem.
    Put all the restrictions on hunters because we never say anything.