Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Over and underrated gear

Re: Over and underrated gear

Underrated- zip starters. Ultralight and burn for 15-20 minutes. Also super cheap.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    Interesting thread to read. You can tell by the opinions the folks that hunt deer and moose out of a truck or from a quad.
    Another underrated- emergen-c before bed.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Interesting hearing people calling sitka gear overrated... I can tell you that almost every person I have gone on a sheep hunt with has said the exact opposite. Sitting in ridiculous conditions and being reasonably comfortable, friends and I have looked at one another and said that the gear is worth every penny. Especially the synthetic stuff... You can use your gear to dry wet stuff by layering and putting a gortex jacket on to push all the water out and get dry through movement.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Interesting hearing people calling sitka gear overrated... I can tell you that almost every person I have gone on a sheep hunt with has said the exact opposite. Sitting in ridiculous conditions and being reasonably comfortable, friends and I have looked at one another and said that the gear is worth every penny. Especially the synthetic stuff... You can use your gear to dry wet stuff by layering and putting a gortex jacket on to push all the water out and get dry through movement.
    I run the downpour jacket and it is by far the best rain jacket I’ve ever used other than being heavy. It started leaking last year and Sitka warrantied it for me. I’d like to get the dewpoint for stuffing in my backpack next year.

For pants I have a pair of grey arcteryx ultralight goretex pants that I only pull out in case of emergency. There’s no way I would’ve paid the asking price on them, but at half price it was reasonable but still expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I run the downpour jacket and it is by far the best rain jacket I’ve ever used other than being heavy. It started leaking last year and Sitka warrantied it for me. I’d like to get the dewpoint for stuffing in my backpack next year.

For pants I have a pair of grey arcteryx ultralight goretex pants that I only pull out in case of emergency. There’s no way I would’ve paid the asking price on them, but at half price it was reasonable but still expensive

Thats a good point. It helps that I got my gear at a reasonable price off camo fire on really good sales. Full price at a shop in Canada would make me cringe for sure.

Underrated, would be rangefinder binocs...broke mine and until I got a replacement hunting just wasn't the same.

ice grippers for boots.small and fit in back pack.dont like landing on ice with a loaded pack

Underrated- Shooting stick