Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Over and underrated gear

Re: Over and underrated gear

Under-rated - liner/compression socks. I typically use them religiously and they are not really noticed, a pain to put on, but otherwise easily ignored or forgotten about. But any time I actually do forget them I spend the trip bleeding, blistered and sore and spend every step thinking about those damn socks sitting at home in a drawer.

Over-rated - craft beer. There are too many of these things in the liquor store now. Most times I go into a liquor store and don't recognize the vast majority of the selection. I don't know how many times I've gotten back to the van, ready to enjoy a tasty beer after a hard hike and it turns out the craft beer I thought I'd try for the first time is some hipsters impression of what a beer should taste like. But really its just bad beer disguised as craft.

Underrated - Bino adapter for tripod. Glassing from a tripod is a game changer.

Overrated - Most hunting brand targeted clothing. I own some Sitka and Kuiu pieces and they are great items but you can get just as good quality in the hiking/mountaineering section of VP or stores alike.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Baby wipes.
    over rated , I agree
    also agree om the craft beer, as it usually disappoints, maybe thats a sales feature, keep trying
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Underrated- Sunlight dish detergent on my optics, it keeps them fog free. Overrated - commercial fog free wipes. I missed an opportunity on a great 4 pt whitetail this year because of wipes not working.

Under rated - Bino packs! What a game changer. I agree with the comment on bino adapters for tri-pods. Makes a huge difference.

Underrated … wool pants over rated expensive dog shit Sitka gear

Semi-auto shotguns for waterfowling. Pump-action every day.

Under rated. Game carts. Wyoming saws. Good new wool socks. Primos trigger sticks and pics in threads

Over rated, plus 6 and rain at the end of November

Covered bino harness. Just started using one this year. Keeps the binos clean and dry. Tuck a few extra goodies in if you like.