Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fort Mac Bush Buck

Re: Fort Mac Bush Buck

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    nice buck, should be no pain lifting that

good to see the bullet results too
    How are GMX for copper fouling in barrels?
    I haven’t been shooting them in this rifle long enough to have any signs of fouling yet. I don’t shoot this gun enough to probably have any issue with them. I bought the rifle last fall and only took about 10 shots the day I sighted it in at the range. Since then I’ve only fired 5 rounds out of it with 2 wolves, 1 bull moose, this latest Whitetail and 1 really mean looking grouse hitting the dirt.

The down side with using the 165gr GMX factory ammo in a 308 is that they have an issue with not expanding much past 300 yards. Same issue any mono bullet has when velocity drops off. That’s not much of an issue with this being the gun I pack on the river or when going for a hike in the thick stuff. I’ve got a couple other rifles set up for long-range bombing on the open prairies if I need to reach out there a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Great buck. Whenever I used to fly into Albian I would stare down at all that big swampy tangle and wonder what kind of bucks were living in there. Good job.
    It’s great moose habitat but deer are few and far between for the most part. The river valleys have pockets that hold deer though. I hunt moose in 530 north of Albian and also between Albian and Suncor base plant. The issue up here is there are thousands of square miles of good moose habitat and very few accessible areas, so it’s tough getting away from people. There are also a few different Native bands that start hunting mid-summer so moose tend to not hang around accessible areas for long or they’re dead. Add in a huge population from Newfoundland that all grew up hunting moose and the hunter numbers are very high in the region. Still, if a guy puts his time in and thinks outside the box good hunting can be had.

Congratulations on a great buck and thank you for a good hunting story.

Very nice buck. Congrats. Looks like a pretty big body. Any idea of weight?
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Thanks guys. And that’s the end of another great season.

Nice buck! Congrats
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Nice buck there Fuzzy.
    "Bullshit doesn't need to be countered by anything, just called out for what it is." Edward Teach

Nice buck

That’s a nice buck fuzzy.

I don’t eat deer, but they sure seem fun to hunt. My young fella wants to get one so I should probably start figuring this stuff out. I’ve been reading lots of tips on this forum and kind of banking most of the info but I haven’t put it to work yet.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Thumbs up Re: Fort Mac Bush Buck

Way to go Fuzzy One!
    Patience indeed paid off!
    And you were bang on with the line: there are probably still a few peeps on here that hunt and like to just read a decent story once in a while.

Congrats on a fine buck!!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me