Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves getting closer to town

Re: Wolves getting closer to town

One less here tonight. Mrs. Gcreek got a big female. Must have been somebody as the rest of the pack is making quite a fuss.

Tracking snow and time to put Dan and Kyle to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    One less here tonight. Mrs. Gcreek got a big female. Must have been somebody as the rest of the pack is making quite a fuss.

Tracking snow and time to put Dan and Kyle to work.
    congradulations to the Mrs....and her shooting...saving ranch animals...and BC wildlife..one round at a time..

srupp

Thumbs up Re: Wolves getting closer to town

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    congradulations to the Mrs....and her shooting...saving ranch animals...and BC wildlife..one round at a time..
    Yep! Times TEN!

Cheers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    I've read a wolf requires appx 7 lbs of meat a day to stay healthy and breed. Those 9 wolves require 22,947.75 lbs/yr. How many deer is that???
    According to Valerius Geist, the average wolf in North America (depending on where it lives) requires an average 16-22 elk annually. I've heard him agree to it potentially being up to 26.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLNUTTS View Post
    While its sometimes nice to be able to view the wolves, the huge impact on the local game is very very severe. I recently posted about a large pack taking a four point buck in my area. The pack continues to cleanout the local game populations bigtime. It's not just the sick or unhealthy , it's also the strongest and healthy as well. A real difference in that area sadly.
    Back in the year 2000, I made that mistake.
    Watched a pack of 18 wolves moving single file down thru a river bed. (which i now realize is unheard of normally)
    It was pretty awe inspiring to see and the fact that I owned huskies at the time made it hard for me to shoot at them.
    I really regret that now!!!!!!!!!