Thread: Fishing Shuswap lake

Fishing Shuswap lake

Going hunting this week in the Shuswap,I might try my luck fishing as well. I fish the lake a lot in the spring and summer, I use salmon fry fly and it works good. Does this work at this time of year or something else?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Shuswap lake

Subbed, I can turn my head and see Shuswap lake from my desk. lol

The adams gets a late coho run, might have some luck on egg patterns, not sure what the flesh is like...later in the year can have some good luck swinging flesh flies.

I was out 2 weeks ago, launched at Sicamous. I fished Annis bay caught 6 , 2 to 5lbs on my 6 weight fly rod type six sinking line 2 “ bucktail black ,white and pink as well as pink,red,white. on a planer board. 4 “ bucktails should work well now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_29 View Post
    The adams gets a late coho run, might have some luck on egg patterns, not sure what the flesh is like...later in the year can have some good luck swinging flesh flies.
    Adams lake Provincial park is closed for the season. No access to boat launch there. You can use the one at the ferry though.

Pretty windy and inclement to fish the lakes these last few days of November. And I don't see it getting better even if you have a cabin cruiser. The worst thing about boat fishing now is having to purge the water from the engines to prevent freezing, unless it has heated indoor storage.
    I have been thinking about hitting the South Thompson at the outlet of Little Shuswap.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"