Thread: Kamloops area hunting-fall 2021- share cool stories, knowledge, observations, etc

Thumbs up Kamloops area hunting-fall 2021- share cool stories, knowledge, observations, etc

Hey,

Just wanting to hear from other hunters in Kamloops as to how there fall season hunting has been thusfar, perhaps share some advice/ observations, and in general, see how people fared.

I moved here for school from the WK, just this August. I am a new and enthusiastic hunter, this being my 3rd season- painfully, but also joyfully, self-taught. I really leaned into hunting this year as a newcomer to 'Loops, getting to know the area in a special way while also getting a good solid mental break from my studies. It has been another great hunting season in terms of learning, experience, and personal development.

I really enjoyed most of my time out there this year. I had heard that hunting was good here, and I was not disappointed. I saw more animals than I have seen in my previous seasons. I was surprised as to the amount of moose I ran into (including a really close encounter with a big bull!!). As well, this was my first season hunting mule deer, and I have to say that I flippin' love hunting mule deer now.

I am used to stand-hunting whitetail, and so I haven't quite wrapped my head around roaming and actively seeking animals. I would like to learn how to move better out there and also some more aggressive tactics for driving animals from cover.

I wish I had more time to explore different areas- I am keen on hunting by foot and love areas with open, scenic views to glass for animals, interesting topography to explore, etc. I would love to do a weekend hike-in-and-camp hunt next year (any suggestions?).

I am burnt out from a season of hard work, and my steps are getting sloppy. I may have one more hunt left in me before I'm totally exhausted and inundated with exams. I'm looking forward to some casual spring bear hunting next year and to getting back out there to bag a mule deer next fall!

Hope everyone is good and safe out there.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops area hunting-fall 2021- share cool stories, knowledge, observations, etc

Hey new or not you’re seeing animals you’re doin something right
    I don’t really hunt the Kamloops area hopefully others will chime in that do.
    Agreed mule deer hunting=good times
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this