Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season is over for LML hunters...

Re: Season is over for LML hunters...

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy View Post
    All FSR’s are officially closed? Can you post a link to this info?

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/DCK/ex...sure's.pdf
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/fa...-_wall_map.png
    Last edited by Wentrot; 11-26-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Still plan on getting my region 2 buck before Dec 15th! There are still areas to go, you just have to think outside the box

I know there is very little chance this finds a response, but I feel it is worth the ask. First, let me just say that I feel incredibly blessed to not have lost my house, my farm, my family to any of the challenges we have faced over the last 18 months or so as a Province. I know that hunting is not the be all and end all of life. That being said I have spent many years and hiked many kilometers into areas you can't drive into in order to come to a fairly regular harvest of venison for my family. We have had game meat for many years running. With all my gear paid for long ago and friends in the butchering game it has been a cost controlled way to feed my family organically. This year, however, my trip was planned for next week and as we are all aware that is not going to happen. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me an area in region 2 that I can try which is accessible by foot at this time, and holds deer. I did 13 kilometers a day in early November setting up tree stands and patterning deer which I can no longer use, so at this point I am throwing a hail mary hoping to find someone who might be willing to help. Full disclosure. I have never even hunted Region 2, so I am not really even sure where to start or if it is even worth pursuing. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    I know there is very little chance this finds a response, but I feel it is worth the ask. First, let me just say that I feel incredibly blessed to not have lost my house, my farm, my family to any of the challenges we have faced over the last 18 months or so as a Province. I know that hunting is not the be all and end all of life. That being said I have spent many years and hiked many kilometers into areas you can't drive into in order to come to a fairly regular harvest of venison for my family. We have had game meat for many years running. With all my gear paid for long ago and friends in the butchering game it has been a cost controlled way to feed my family organically. This year, however, my trip was planned for next week and as we are all aware that is not going to happen. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me an area in region 2 that I can try which is accessible by foot at this time, and holds deer. I did 13 kilometers a day in early November setting up tree stands and patterning deer which I can no longer use, so at this point I am throwing a hail mary hoping to find someone who might be willing to help. Full disclosure. I have never even hunted Region 2, so I am not really even sure where to start or if it is even worth pursuing. Thanks everyone.
    You could try Squamish Valley Road area. I use to hunt there years ago and the highway is open. I can't think of many options other than that right now unfortunately. My whitetail was cancelled as well but I did manage to get a nice mulie that we've been feasting on. Maybe we can all focus on predators for the rest of the season and give the ungulates a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    You could try Squamish Valley Road area. I use to hunt there years ago and the highway is open. I can't think of many options other than that right now unfortunately. My whitetail was cancelled as well but I did manage to get a nice mulie that we've been feasting on. Maybe we can all focus on predators for the rest of the season and give the ungulates a head start.
    Vancouver island north end, Dec 10th still open. Texada island is another choice where they are open late season, Dec 15 with rifle and until Jan 15 with bow (either sex). There are options out there...sunshine coast is another but that closes Nov 30th. Good luck!

How did your Zippermouth Mtn blacktail trip go Bubba?
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Hi, only FSR in the Chilliwack Forest District are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Warner View Post
    Hi, only FSR in the Chilliwack Forest District are closed.
    That includes every FSR in the Lower Mainland. From Lions Bay to Manning Park and the US border to Keefer's north of Boston Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    How did your Zippermouth Mtn blacktail trip go Bubba?
    It was foiled but I still plan to get out either for a Dec 4th or Dec 11th trip to get one....hopefully

The bottom link won't open for me and the top only mentions ONE fsr.

Are all of them really closed? I'm confused now.